Meta: The Search For Magiq Super Topic

I’ll let you know next time I trap a friend or colleague in a bell jar unknowingly and without their consent.

13 Likes

giggles in awkward spewing of comments on SO many topics almost immediately upon joining

11 Likes

I couldn’t repress this random silly, sorry. :slight_smile:

Top 10 things Ascender likely did during those two weeks.

10 - Went to a 24 hour, all you can eat buffet, and said “Hold my beer”.

9 - Watched every movie in the MCU 6.98 times. (Assuming exactly 2 weeks and a combined run time of 2886 minutes.)

8 - Completed the 1000 origami crane challenge 6.72 times. (Assuming exactly 2 weeks, and 3 minutes per crane.)

7 - Watched every minute of every US and International episode of the Real Housewives franchise 3.61 times. (Assuming he watched commercials, and assuming the ‘Special’ episode of the Real Housewives of Hungary was an hour long because I honestly couldn’t be bothered to check).

6 - Came this close to breaking the 105 hour world record for continuous singing 3.2 times. He’d always sneeze right at the end and have to start over. Darn allergies.

5 - Looked into what this ‘Fortnite’ thing is all about. Next thing he knew it was 2 weeks later.

4 - Read every word of the latest Oxford Dictionary cover to cover 8.19 times. (Based on a study done by Oxford dictionaries themselves and a team of 30 volunteers that I can only assume they held at gunpoint. The average time through was 41 hours…)

3 - Took out his pristine, complete collection of pokemon cards and lovingly admired each one 2.19 times. (As of March 18, 2017 there were 9184 different pokemon cards including reprints and hologram versionsm but not including special promo cards. Also assuming he spent 1 minute per card. He really did catch them all.)

2 - Watched the Neverending Story 188.4 times for inspiration. (He never watched the sequels, he’s obsessive, not a massochist.)

1 - Spent it all in a single flame war on the internet about which Cagliostro was sexier.

16 Likes

I have more in common with Ascender than I realized.

15 Likes

:grimacing:

12 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: all fantastic ways to spend two full weeks while lying to your magiqal coworkers

13 Likes

SPOILERS!

[spoiler]I know Ascender’s death is more complicated than Itsuki’s because of who Ascender is, but I’m around for the next hour or so if anyone wants to discuss or has questions. :cjheart:[/spoiler]

14 Likes

Im sorry what?! :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

9 Likes

I made it spoilers! :ascendershrug:

11 Likes

So apparently I missed that final message and just thought everyone was still talking about the previous reply :joy: Well I guess I should have been paying more attention :joy:

9 Likes

Okay so I understand what he did and why he did it was for the good of everyone else but surely there must have been another way or was his death always inevitable no matter our choices?

9 Likes

Well, this happened last year, so it was a rare consequence that was mostly out of your hands, but your ideas and choices have GREATLY shaped the previous SFM content and future content as well.

12 Likes

So it could have been avoided then?

6 Likes

By “mostly” out of your hands I mean out of your hands. :cjheart: It was always going to happen, barring you all coming up with some narrative idea I preferred so much that also required Ascender to live… This turn of events made sense to me, and you might have noticed that The Search For Magiq is not only bringing back familiar faces, but it’s also getting you all ready for what’s to come. And with that comes resolution, some good, some not so good.

16 Likes

Damn, well at least we know we’re not responsible this time :deirdrexd:

12 Likes

Right?!

9 Likes

Hmmmm, I never actually assumed the outcome. I trust nothing in the magiqverse much less a major characters demise!!!

But if it is, then it’s a very Ascender way to go. Meaning well, carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, only letting people in at the end when he realizes they were onto his bs the whole time. :wink:

He gathered up people, pointed them to the promised land, did his best to shepherd and in the end doesn’t make it into the promised land himself. Very epic. Much pathos. Good job!

15 Likes

[spoiler]So, obviously didn’t survive in the mundane. Going to potentially get super inappropriate/out-of-touch here, but is it more of a body’s-gone-mind/spirit(or what’s left)-assimilated-by-spell and that’s what we unlocked, or is it straight-up rending and the memories are what stuck as the metaphorical ashes blew away?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Feeling very uncomfortable asking what coworkers thought I was asking a few years ago when someone passed. :eavessweat:[/spoiler]

11 Likes

Straight-up rending and the memories are what stuck as the metaphorical ashes blew away.

:grimacing:

9 Likes

Eaves mentioned that when the corners are called, pieces of intention, purpose, and memory are sometimes imprinted onto shards of the primal elements. That’s what we were receiving. Ascender’s last intentions, moments, and memories.

16 Likes