Meta: General Narrative Discussion

Hi Mounties.
It me!

I wanted to pop in and let you know how much it means to me, seeing all of your support and worry over Saberlane. It’s very strange having an in-world avatar, it’s even stranger losing him.

Which we did. Saberlane is gone.

I wanted to let you know before you got too deep into pursuing him or trying to save him. I had a lot of reasons why I did what I did, but two primary reasons were that bringing in a new age had to involve powerful magic and sacrifice, and also I felt like Saberlane’s arc had been resolved.

The mysteries and narrative you will discover this year on the forum and in The Briar Society will expand the story beyond the happenings at Ackerly Green Publishing and this felt like the right time to make some big, painful changes.

However, if you want to continue searching for him, I will of course include it in the narrative, but it won’t have the outcome you anticipate. :grimacing: I don’t know about you, but I’d be tempted to do it just based on that statement alone, but you might be more benevolent and less chaotic than me. :cjheart:

I’m working on a bigger blog post with more in-depth explanation. If you have questions, ask them here, and I’ll either answer them or include them in the bigger post.

Don’t be sad. Or rather, don’t feel like there’s unfinished business. If you go back to Saberlane’s last post, on the night before Mirumagiqum, you’ll see he was saying goodbye.

25 Likes

I know that I would keep looking for Sabes until something specifically came up in the narrative that told me he was gone for good. I appreciate the meta heads up, and now I’m sad rather than hopeful - BUT I trust that your storytelling that this is for the best.

20 Likes

I completely understand and that’s why I love my readers, my Mounties. Author-be-damned, you’re going to try anyway. :cjheart:

22 Likes

This is both the saddest and most beautiful thing I’ve ever read. Farewell dear Sabes, even though I’m new and didn’t get to know you.

Off to hunt Saberlane!

18 Likes

Cj: No, you don’t have to save Sabes, it’s fine.
Mounties: SHUT UP AND LET US LOVE YOUUUU.

22 Likes

@BairnSidhe Haha, yeah, exactly.

@CJB Don’t worry about us, I feel like it’s hard not to want to look. When someone disappears, anyone (even someone you don’t know!), you look. I think in-world, that we’ll try to mount something --Who knows, it might lead to us finding out something adjacent!

Thanks for the heads up though, we’ll think of it more as a creative exercise/magiq thinking practice? I still hope to find something interesting n_~…?

10 Likes

I’m not for sure how to even respond to loosing Saberlane. All I can think of is what could have been done to help him.

12 Likes

Could you stop writing off all our long term Ebenguardians? Or at least warn us so we stopped getting emotionally attached?

Thanks,

Management

21 Likes

Maybe the guild affiliation IS the warning.

17 Likes

:cagsrip:

13 Likes

My initial reactions were a combination of the “how dare you” I felt with :crown: :bear:, and “If you wanted a break there are easier ways to get one.”

20 Likes

It is that level of wrongness, isn’t it?

15 Likes

this isnt how i expected the “There can only be one CJ” scenario to go, ill be honest. Wheres our big battle in a building full of glass in the middle of the night? Ugh, fights between immortals dont have any flare anymore.

In all honesty, that SUCKS, but we’re ready to keep the narrative going.

13 Likes

Despite knowing that Jonah is a story character, I still feel the Wagoneer urge to make a welcome post.

16 Likes

Happy Cake Day @BrokenVoid!!!

15 Likes

I thought cake day was the day you joined? But thank you! It’s my 21st which is fun.

17 Likes

I get the cakes confused literally every time. Happy birthday!!

14 Likes

It would make sense to welcome him I think!

8 Likes

The difference is actually in the amount of cake the Forum assigns to you.

(But really the cake is a lie, so what does it matter?)

18 Likes

I’m so excited to break out my @AGP account that I’m now using for likes in-world, which doesn’t mean you’re on the right track at all! Yay, unreliable narrative accounts!

Seriously though, this @AGP account is for all intents and purposes the “replacement” of my Saberlane account. :sob: It just means I’m there. It’s not indicative of your progression in the narrative. :cjheart:

[spoiler]I had to be able to like all the posts even from the grave![/spoiler]

18 Likes