Guild Stereotypes

Having a chat today about what are the “typical stereotypes” of the guilds. Are all Weatherwatchers drunk sky pirates? Are all Flinters dwarfs? (Gonna cop a lot of flack for that :joy:)
Feel free to discuss here :grin:

17 Likes

Not A Dwarf!!

17 Likes

I mean, Bali are totally not all chaos loving, tree hugging, run through the deep dark forests barefoot in the rain, all the pranks, lol, we’re really not… :eyes:

18 Likes

Self made martyrs for Ebenguard :joy:

No one needs to sacrifice themselves, there are ways around, but we will volunteer and find a way to do so anyways

18 Likes

Steve enters the chat

12 Likes

So hanging around here let me see
Thornmouths: they’re the better adapted for society versions of the Minority Report oracles, like I like to think Im alright at puzzles but my, god
Ebenguard: number one cuties obviously!
Balimora: slepnirs all of you.
Flinter: I cannot for the life of me imagine why but for whatever reason I imagine you all finetunjng your eventual neithernor RPG characters like nothing else.
Weatherwatch: a little shy maybe? I don’t have many asociations with you guys yet! :two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts:
Gossmere: sweetness and soft and light and healthcare, but super interested to here what y’all think of my guild

21 Likes

Gossmere: Hippie flower-children with spiritual healing.Too busy being flighty/ out giving free hugs to actually remember to even visit the forum. Always knows the right home remedy/essential oil/crystal for what’s wrong with you. Also probably has an advanced degree in healthcare.

Flinterforge: “Absent-minded Professor” style inventor but with aesthetic. Has an Etsy shop, but also an incomprehensible STEM career. Clever and great at helping solve fragments, but shows up to remind you that they’re not blacksmiths (although one actually was once).

Ebenguard: Righteous and moralistic warrior poets with moods. Lives for the narrative melodrama of martyrdom and self-sacrifice. Long-time-reader/first-time-poster from overthinking for months at the time.

Thornmouth: Reads words, writes words. Sleeps words, dreams words. Sees words, hears words. Feels words, tastes words. Eats words, lives words. First word, last word. Words words words words words words words words. Chatty on the forum, super shy IRL.

Balimora: Might figure out an entire super-complex fragment in minutes, might derail the conversation for weeks: who knows!

Weatherwatch: Intrepid adventuring explorers! Insty is 100% travel pic! Most of the exciting and exotic places they visit must have spotty WiFi: WW posts on the forum are akin to a unicorn sighting! Posts they make are always optimistic and enthusiastic!

22 Likes

Hahahaha oh Weatherwatch are far from shy… Elusive is probably the better word :coleshadez:

13 Likes

< Goss
I feel so called out :joy::joy::joy:

13 Likes

Same :rofl:

12 Likes

:rofl: My inner Thorny side is giggling incessantly.

15 Likes

You called me? Titles aside, while these are supposed to be stereotypes, you’ve got them all spot on.

15 Likes

Glad you spotted the reference :grin:

15 Likes

I haven’t gotten to watch the show yet, but this GIF convinced me, @Sorrel :joy:

13 Likes

Ever played Talos Principle, because this totally reminds me of it when you wander too far from the puzzles. Love it though, totally understandable :laughing:. https://youtu.be/vWjUzvLk58o

11 Likes

wow, that ones a lil eerie :joy:

12 Likes

Also I think a Gossmere stereotype, at least at one point, was that we weren’t much in the way of fighting. Not necessarily physical blows, I absolutely think as a whole Gossmere is a pacifist. More that the ideas of nice or helpful, for some reason, are so intrinsically tied in our modern beliefs with an inability to speak our minds.
That’s why I appreciate this line from the Gossmere manifesto so much:

…Or a great champion, fighting to free the enslaved with the shared spirits of brave warriors in your heart.

15 Likes

Agreed. I’ve been thinking something along the lines of the old Asian tales of traveling monks, or the medieval traveling priests in Europe. Perhaps not so ascetic, but they brought healing skills wherever they went, and the appearance of a non-threatening stranger almost always caused the residents to gather wherever the traveler decided to rest himself.

14 Likes

Are you sure you’re not just describing my life goals? :rofl:

14 Likes

It really isn’t fair! You put it so saliently and concisely, there’s only 20 distinct word choices here and you’ve utterly captured us thornmouth. I couldn’t have described it better myself.

12 Likes