Guild Professions

Fireflies don’t solve the humidity problem. That’s the first issue. the light is just a safer replacement for the torches, we don’t need to replace them but it’s kind of a two birds with one stone kinda deal.

5 Likes

Oh, gotcha. Maybe the firefly habitat could be incorporated into the library? With the inclusion of moss in the habitat? The moss can still glow but the fireflies could provide extra illumination? I just have the image in my head of little firefly librarians buzzing around xD. Just a thought anyway :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, I’m a Thornmouth and I plan to own a bakery. Sometimes I feel like I don’t fit in with my guild at all :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I’m not against the notion of fireflies, but they take people to tend to their habitat and right now I’m not sure how well manned our hall is. The moss is easier because we can just make nutrient channels to grow it how we like. But yea, it’s too dry in all stone areas & too wet in more dirt like areas. So humidity control is very high on the list of needs.

5 Likes

Gossmere are teachers, therapists, healers I’m a Gossmere writer and actor…

4 Likes

Well you need to know recipes to bake right, that’s how you fit in. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I wouldn’t say anything is “limited” to a guild so much as members of a guild are inclined towards particular careers.

6 Likes

I’m an IT Analyst on a cruise ship, and I’m Ebenguard.

so i get to be on the meridian a bit.

7 Likes

You have a cool job, I didn’t even know cruiseships had IT Analysts.

5 Likes

I’m an IT guy on a cruise ship. someone’s gotta take care of all the computers and such.

but thank you for saying its cool.

5 Likes

@TheBellsAreRinging My profession is unlike a Thornmouth as well. I’m aiming to be a Florist.

6 Likes

That seems very Thornmouth to me!
You could have your flowers grown by local Balimora!

4 Likes

I just realized I never actually replied to this thread.

I’m currently in grad school for clinical social work. During my year between undergrad and grad school, I volunteered in crisis intervention and interned at a mental health nonprofit. Now I just work at a Starbucks on campus to help pay rent.

My official result was Ebenguard, but I feel a bit torn between that and Gossmere. I think both guilds could apply to social work.

6 Likes

Working together to make the world the better place.

4 Likes

For Balimorans I suppose the “natural” professions would be things like

• Forestry work
  • Conservation/Ecology
  • Biochemistry/Engineering
  • Sustainable Agriculture

Really anything having to do with nature, particularly conservation and protection.

I work in (and am obsessed with) permaculture, or forest farming, which is basically an umbrella term for forms of sustainable agriculture that are learned by observing how nature goes about its business.

8 Likes

I certainly feel at home in Balimora now! I’m studying genetics but have many modules in conservation ecology, as well as an interest in gm agriculture and sustainable living.

Permaculture sounds cool, I’m always on the lookout for future career paths that I’m interested in tbh. Gotta support my magiqal activities somehow!

8 Likes

Ideas!

Gossmere: Healers (Doctor, Nutritionist, ect), Artists (Painters, Sculptors, ect), Charity Organizers
Flinterforge: Mechanic, Inventor, Digital Artist Looks sideways at Rev and anything IT related
Ebenguard: Writers, Coast Guard, (I don’t really know much of this one so please tell me some ideas)
Thornmouth: Teacher, Scholar, Florist Looks Sideways at Victorian, Librarian
Balimora: Biologist, Geologist, Farmer, or crazy hermit who wonders the woods with antlers on
Weatherwatch: Freelance Photographer, Storyteller, or any job that requires travel

5 Likes

My job applies to a science profession as well, as I want to also get into Horticulture. Growing flowers, not just the design aspect.

5 Likes

I think lawyers and activists might be good Ebenguards because they have a strong sense of right and wrong.

8 Likes

I think anyone in the military or in the police force would be good too for ebenguard

8 Likes