Guild Professions

In all honesty, I want to know as much as possible about the guilds and what makes the people in them tick. So what professions are our magiq imbued individuals taking up during their every day lives?

For Thornmouth I have a list of:

• Teacher/Professor/Tutor
  • Librarian
  • Scribe
  • Booksmith (you know those people who bound the pages of a book together, can’t think of the name)
  • Ownership of a bookstore
  • Lighthouse Hermit

I understand that anyone from any guild could work any job, but wheres the fun in that? Just daily life jobs that fit with the theme of the guild is all I’m looking for.

5 Likes

What kind of degree or certification do I need to become a lighthouse hermit? Is the pay good?

12 Likes

We Thornmouths could be scientists, historians, archeologists, anything that requires an above average brain function.

6 Likes

As a future software engineer, I’d like to add that to the list. Although, I’m not sure browsing stack overflow, drowning in energy drinks/coffee, and forgetting semicolons can really be classified as “above average brain function”

8 Likes

I’m a Chemical Technologist, I pour water through filters and dry them, and read ungodly amounts of procedures. 90% of the time I swear my brain ceases all functions…

5 Likes

I guess I won’t really experiance that. As I do aspire to become a floral designer.

What about the other Guilds though?

Gossmere - Healer, Doctor, Volunteer, Charity organizer?

I don’t know the rest enough to make guesses.

5 Likes

That’s the thing, we need members from other guilds to tell us cause we aren’t really close with any of them, cause you know, we spend “too much time in the tower with our faced buried in books”. We need interaction because stuff like this should go on record.

5 Likes

Well I’m a Balimora and I work as a researcher in the field of Chemistry, though I don’t think that is a profession that at first one would associate with my guild…

4 Likes

I think it would really depend on the specific field you are reaserching. Most chemistry can be swung back into a nature aspect.

3 Likes

As a Balimora, and a future history major, I disagree that historian and archeologist is limited to one guild XD.

7 Likes

Well, technically I am a computational biochemist, and specialize in enzymes and other biological molecules :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

There, you’re on the more "nature"esque side of chemistry. I don’t have much knowledge of that side of chemistry so in lamen terms, could you make a magical florescent moss that provides light and can help control humidity. In theory, and with a little magiq to help?

3 Likes

Ebenguard Artist here!
More specifically I’m doing Video Game Design.

7 Likes

I guess I could try something, or better yet, I already have some ideas how that could be accomplished :wink:

3 Likes

Good cause we have an underground library at the lighthouse (Thornmouth guild hall) that could use some humidity control and I’d like to stop using fire as a light source around all the books.

@LuthiTinu that’s actually really cool? What kind of art style do you lean to mostly?

6 Likes

We could use plants instead of fire? That’s brilliant!

5 Likes

It’d be especially good for the older books that tend to be a lot drier and have more dust around them, big big fire hazard

5 Likes

We should move the older books into the basement, after a moss such as that has been invented of course.

4 Likes

Personally I love surrealism, high fantasy art( like Lord of the rings esque), and old medieval stuff :slight_smile: Is that what you meant or more video game wise?

5 Likes

Might I also suggest the use of fireflies? You may be able to somehow engineer a way of making them larger with magiq(maybe?) and you could create a habitat/sanctuary for them and care for them? They could also be companions too maybe :slight_smile:

5 Likes