Guild House

AGREED Augo!!

3 Likes

so, whats the state of the ebenguardianā€™s home? Sentinelā€™s Rest needs some TLC, and some more portions.

@Nomad 's addition of the wonder is something I find highly agreeable
and i think our house needs a reworking (like its outer facade, location, and itā€™s contents, short the ever expanding number of rooms for its occupants.)

4 Likes

The Gossmere have discussed and worked out the compounds floor plan in a private server; However, I thought I would share here.

The Compound is a two story building, that makes up a large square. The gates are wrought iron, and bent to make up the shape of an Unowl. Once inside the compound youā€™ll walk down a short corridor, and find yourself in the open air courtyard standing at the compounds center. The mural floor is enchanted to reflect the mood of the one(e) standing on it

A frustrated Oracle walking by may find painted embers sparking beneath his feet
A contemplative Augustus watches as what looks like water ripples dance beneath him
(This is a mix of illusion and empathy magiq)

In the center of the courtyard (The heart of the compound) you will find the hearth. The most sacred place for the Gossmere and the embodiment of the common drum. Often they will come together to preform communion spells here, or have a nice family meal, occasional warm a wandering soul with its flames.
Inside the first floor of the compound, within its wood and stone walls, you will discover an incredible infirmary. Shelves lined with magical healers books and dried herbs, the floor littered with discarded sheet music attempts of Choreomancy. Sick beds line the walls, often filled with runaway children or woman and men in need.

On the second floor is where all the Gossmere dorms are. Many are taken and vacated regularly, however me and Augustus have permanent residence on the west and east wing, respectivley. I am often in in out of the compound, sometimes Im with my fellow Weatherwatch on the crew of the Ascension, or sent on call as a healer to one of the other guild halls.
Together we welcome new memebers and anyone who may stumble through our gates.
ā€œLife Binds Us Together, We Are Gossmereā€

10 Likes

I like to think the Weatherwatch ship resides on some craggy point of rock jutting onto the sea, the path up to it only becoming clear to those with the explorers spirit. When the farther flame calls the guild, then the water will rise to carry the vessel behind the horizon to new lands. (Kind of on a similar bent as @Furia) To any passerby it appears to be a wreck, impaled on the cliffs by a bygone storm.

(Weatherwatchers can confirm or deny this, I havenā€™t been there (yet), but I think I saw it once through the mist on a hike)

3 Likes

The Ascension (Weatherwatch ship) actually flys, rather then sail on water.

3 Likes

That is awesome! As I said, I think I saw it once, but not in enough detail to determine if it flew or sailed. It make a heck of a lot more sense though (covers a lot more ground too!)

[edit: why not both? Sometime you might just need an old fashioned voyage!]

4 Likes

If the hearth is sometimes used for spells, would you have each guild represented it on? Or at least each element?

Like engraved on the outside or embedded in the stone around it or something?

Or maybe not at all?

2 Likes

Is there anything for Balimora? I canā€™t seem to find it.

2 Likes

If you do ctrl+F and search Balimora and check the box that says ā€˜search this topicā€™ you can find it pretty quickly. @Mr5yy

5 Likes

There is a Chronocompass mosaic around it, and yes; the hearth is often used for communion arts spells as well as Call To The Hearth.

6 Likes