Future Candles for AG Alchemy: Your Ideas!

I’d love to hear ideas you all have for possible future candles. Are you interested in more candles specifically geared toward concepts from the Magiqverse? Broader ideas? Candles for spellcasting or intention setting? Candles with stories that come with them? I don’t know, I want all your ideas!

17 Likes

Despite never having been involved in its use, I quite like the idea of a candle inspired by Consolatory Teatime. I found reading about the times the Mounties have used it really calming and well… consolatory. Somehow even when it was used on a certain less than savory child psychologist. I also like this one because scent is so connected with memories, so it feels like it fits.

21 Likes

That’s a great idea! We hadn’t thought of that.

10 Likes

Consolatory Teatime would be a good one! I like the magiqverse concepts, but I can also see the allure of broader ones for those less invested in the world we’ve set up.

12 Likes

I feel like Teatime could have non-fandom appeal (it says teatime in it, clearly there will be tea smells)…

Lost Athenaeum could be a good one too, lots of book smell potential. :catherineread:

14 Likes

It might be a hard scent to pin down, but a Neithernor candle could be great.

11 Likes

That might have to be a series (oh, a series of tiny candles!)…

13 Likes

Definately interested in more Magiqverse candles, but I think perhaps some intention/spell ones would also be really cool and might even be a bit more… “accessable”? Ash put it better with non-fandom appeal.

12 Likes

Given that Neithernor has been described by scent (cinnamon, memories, and dew, mostly), that would be a cool one. But I agree, hard to pin down. I imagine most “dew” fragrances are terrible.

I could see a set of 6 mini-candles for a home grounding hex. The Six Elements could also serve as intention-setting candles.

It seems to me that picking locations in the Magiqverse could have “crossover appeal” outside of the core fandom. For example, I wager I am not the only one who wonders what the House of Blackweather smells like—but that could be interesting to people who have never read about it.

Signature scents by character? Sure, but one wonders what Marty would smell like.

13 Likes

Coffee, after shave, and a hint of something sweet (for his granddaughters.)

14 Likes

See? I sometimes let dads have happy endings!

16 Likes

I can totally see some of these working with the in-world AG Alchemy vibe:

• Misplaced Memory (Consolatory Teatime)
  • Lost Athenaeum
  • Neithernor
  • Blackweather
19 Likes

“Your house smells amazing! What candle is that?”

“It’s Rank.”

:rofl:

14 Likes

Ooh all of these are so fun!

And since guild pride items are so popular it would be cool to have guilds talk through what they think their signature smells would be!

12 Likes

I think different areas on Neithernor could be broken down further, like you’ve done with Vidivinity’s Glade.

One image that was very evocative for me was Sullivan’s trek across the sea to find the Palace of Doors. I love the smell of sea air, and can’t help imagine what that is like in a magiqally charged world like Neithernor.

15 Likes

Ahhhh yes! All the sea vibes!

7 Likes

A sea candle! I’ve never found a sea candle that really nails that fresh salt-water-green smell. Though the idea of little elemental candles is also very appealing. I’m imagining what a Wilds candle would smell like… Night blooming jasmine comes to mind. :heart_eyes:

This sounds legitimately wonderful.

10 Likes

I’d posit that the candles could also signify things as well.
Like the Time Donut, or the Cagliostro’s Show (cant for the life of me remember the name of that ritual)

Maybe a Day of Change Limited Release that has different scents for each year?

9 Likes
  • The Silver’s Island

• Queen Annes Court

• The Brownstone

• Safeguard

Also like, guild hall candles :eyes:

10 Likes

I’d love candles that transports you into each guild hall.

A thornmouth house based one could be cederwood, ink, and old paper/books.

13 Likes