Fragment Sixteen - The Book of Briars

I believe @Piki had one as well, don’t know if it was ever used, and haven’t seen Piki around in a while.

10 Likes

Um… little lost here? You guys have words from the Book that haven’t been used?

9 Likes

After the first and second assessments the Book gave out magimystic words to certain people. I believe three or four people each time.

The idea was we could give these words to the Book if we needed a clue, and the Book would help us with whatever was going on. We were also warned using them might have unforeseen perils.

I believe only 1 word was ever used during Fragment 5 (I think it was Joanna’s?) . Otherwise we either didn’t need them, or didn’t use them for fear that a harder challenge would come up the next day.

After the third assessment… Well, the book couldn’t give out any more.

14 Likes

I see… Yeah, using them now might be a good idea. Whatever magiq is in them/behind them could help the book.

14 Likes

So, and I hate to bring this up, but should we choose a date?
A date to call The Book to see what we’ve created?
I fear we might let this drag on a little out of fear of change, myself included, but we have to remember that even though we helped destroy the Storm, The Silver is out there.

And they know we’re trying to do the one thing they don’t want us to do…
Open The Book.

18 Likes

I think we should call the book on Sunday. That way people still have a little time to write stuff up

12 Likes

I think, and I can see people disagreeing with me, but Sunday, October 1st at like 12 in the afternoon.

12 Likes

Sunday sounds good to me. I’m not sure what I’m going to do once is all over. But I guess it’s time to find out.

12 Likes

I agree with all posts above. There has to be some significance of this massive change happening on the day we start a new month.

Plus it lets me finally put some of these emotions I am feeling into words before then.

15 Likes

sunday

5 Likes

I like Sunday because it gives folks who work during the week some time to prepare something.

Can I suggest the end time be 3:33pm? It’s a magiqal time so it seems fitting.

15 Likes

Good thinking Rev!

9 Likes

I like it!

9 Likes

Sunday at 3:33pm sounds good to me, lovely time even with the change of timezones

9 Likes

If we we’re to do it at that time, I probably wouldn’t be able to make it. :sweat:

6 Likes

I have church during the day. Is it possible to do something later in the evening?

6 Likes

I could be wrong, but just because we call on The Book at 3:33pm on Sunday doesn’t mean something will happen at 3:33pm.

It’s definitely a nice, meaningful time.

16 Likes

i mean, we could do it at 7:06, but that translates to 666 which might have the opposite effect than is intended/

4 Likes

Too bad 7:77 isn’t an actual time. :joy: But I think Endri is right - that would just be the deadline to submit anything, the Book might not respond right away.

12 Likes

Hey Mounties,
So this is kind of hard to say, but I wanted you to know before we call The Book today.
Ascender sent me a message in the wee hours a couple days ago.
Apparently the “thing” that he and Knatz had to do on the day we fought the Storm was a sort of house cleaning of Monarch’s Mountain. I’ve gathered that they used the opportunity to lead a mutiny against the more conservative forces of the old houses. And they won.

Monarch’s Mountain is in shambles right now, but Ascender and Knatz are determined to rebuild. And Ascender asked if I would join them. There are countless books, scrolls, and coded histories they need help sorting through. And they want me to lead the effort.

I said yes.

This isn’t a goodbye. I swear. But let’s be honest, you guys haven’t needed me for quite some time. And that makes me happy. But it’s good to know I am needed somewhere. Somewhere I can make a difference.

I’m proud to be a part of the group we built. Deirdre’s right. We’re a family. Forever.
And I wouldn’t give up a moment of it.

But I think this, now, is what I’m meant to do.
So once we open The Book I’m going to start my new adventure.
But I’m only ever an @ away.

Love you guys,
-Endri

19 Likes