That may be a good thing for usā€¦

8 Likes

Please continue!

7 Likes

Iā€¦ might need to draw this out to understand completelyā€¦

8 Likes

I told you we needed a chart!

10 Likes

Orvin said my dad spent so much time in Neithernor, to guide the timeline, he had become Neithernorian. To come home would mean a quick death, like jumping onto a speeding carousel. But my dad discovered that if he came back and left the door to Neithernor open he could watch the world flicker past, and guide the plan along its path, still connected to magiq. But if that door ever closed, he would die. It was a risk he took over and over to get us all here.

17 Likes

Soā€¦ is he still in there?

8 Likes

The fire in the Printing House was a door left open too long. The ā€œghostā€ my father saw was him, older. Another moment where my father had created his own history.

18 Likes

This. This is the right question!

7 Likes

So where is this door? Why has it not burst into flames?

5 Likes

We started figuring out there were untold depths of intrigue and planning that went on behind the scenes to make this happen months ago.

We justā€¦ didnā€™t know it was your fatherā€¦ or how far this went.

He saved his own life when he almost killed his past self.

12 Likes

The ramble perhaps? No? Maybe? I honestly donā€™t know anymore

5 Likes

I flipped ahead, to the 90s. The stormswept Sullivan was the man who took me to the vault, who read me the stories, while my own father was somewhere looking for Neithernor. He wanted to be with me one last time before the entries endedā€¦ And then sometime after, he disappeared.

17 Likes

Could itā€¦ Is it possible your dad is the collector Deeds? Mr. Wideawake?

9 Likes

ooooooo!

5 Likes

I just sat there. I closed the book and put it down. All I could do was stare at the walking stick in my lap. My fatherā€™s walking stick.

20 Likes

I donā€™t knowā€¦ maybe? Well, actually no. Mr. Wideawake knocked OUT of Neithernor. Unless heā€™d figured out a way to come back without dying, it was someone else.

17 Likes

Sullivan could also have been the 94s benafactor

11 Likes

But he was a pigeon!

5 Likes

Yes youā€™re right, I forgot that MMā€™s collector wasnā€™t fully Neithernorian.

9 Likes