Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

7 Likes

Nice work @cheyyyme and @pandaboye!

8 Likes

11 Likes

Well, we got through to her. But the end of her dream escalated fast. What ever maqic is used to let us give Knatz a dream is modifying our recordings with more information.

Edit: The information added seems to be specific to manipulate Knatz. In this case, when she broke the item, still guessing itā€™s a Chronocompass, Ali died.

7 Likes

This is ominousā€¦ But maybe it doesnā€™t have to be a prophecy? Ali went to the future with Portencia, not the past, so maybe it was just symbolic. Donā€™t break the box, find a way to open it properly.

Still freaks me out though. Thinking of losing another Mountieā€¦ I just canā€™t bear it. :disappointed_relieved:

9 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s a prophecy. More like away to motivate Knatz.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s the magiq at all. Our minds are able to think non-logically during dreams. I forget the term, but in dreams it can make perfect sense for one place to actually be two different locations, or one human being to actually be two different people simultaneously. Our dreams integrate daytime experience in bizzare and novel ways so that we can learn from them beyond simple 1+2=3 logic; in dreams, itā€™s fine for 1+2 to = cats. I donā€™t think this is a flaw of the magiq but simply rather the nature of the medium weā€™re working with. Sheā€™s stressed and anxious, so her mind is adding nightmare elements to our content.

13 Likes

Well done on pressing the two years.

The dream may be just an extension over her anxiety over the box, and the freaky element of us prodding around in her dreams.

11 Likes

Has anyone updated the record of communications thread?

4 Likes

Well, itā€™s most likely maqic. How would her mind specifically make exactly what could happen? I agree that her mind could be, but why would it show that we would die also if she broke the thing? There is a little maqic affecting what Knatz seeā€™s in her dreams and if you mix it with the stress that you pointed out, voilĆ , weird dream.

3 Likes

So I think we should cook something up to send today :face_with_raised_eyebrow: hopefully it doesnā€™t get turned into a nightmare again.

9 Likes

Yes! No more nightmares, hopefully. What should we send?

4 Likes

We could tell her a story about her daughter as we know her. Alive and well (we assume). Smartest of the Mountaineers. Bravely put herself in danger to help rescue a kidnapped teenager. Seems to have fully mastered her gifts. Someone weā€™re all proud to know and have among the Mountaineers.

Although who knows what she could twist that into.

10 Likes

Maybe we should go with the encouragement route again? Maybe have her complete the construction of whatever it is in the story?

11 Likes

Since influencing her mood hasnā€™t gone very well so far, what if we could influence something else? Knatz says that sheā€™s having trouble with putting the pieces together, and even with Lane presumably arriving today, we donā€™t know how far theyā€™ll have gotten. Maybe we could encourage her tinkering skills? Give them a bit of a boost through time in the magical artificing deparment by creating a story about knowing how to assemble magical devices?

10 Likes

I just have a quick question, do we feel as though the Reward outweighs the Risk for all of this? I am just curious what we are accomplishing by sending these audio files back to the past? Most everything we have sent has been twisted and manipulated by her own dreams to hear something vaguely similar, but generally altogether different (with the exception of the dates) than our original thoughts and motivations. The last message being a prime example.

I know we ran into problems when we didnā€™t send anything before (I have thoughts about that too), but yeah, I guess I am just curious moving forward. I mean, we donā€™t really know what she is constructing with the objects from the case, so it is tough to send much. Just my thoughts anyway. @Robert 's idea is intriguing, I guess I just want to discuss this a bit.

10 Likes

I donā€™t think we should say her daughter put herself in danger. Like @Augustus_Octavian said we should try and make this encouraging.

7 Likes

What risks do you see this in this @Brendon? Iā€™m curious to know as I donā€™t see many personally

7 Likes

Letā€™s do it! Leave out all the stuff about KS, and tell Knatz about how awesome Ali is nowadays.

3 Likes

Well, she is now having dreams of her daughter dying. I know we have encouraged her, and she seems to want to stick this through and complete it all, but I guess my fear is that she gets too scared and quits. I am not a parent, but I feel like if I had dreams (and I knew my dreams had significance like Knatzā€™s dreams do) where my child dies, knowing there is something out there attacking her friends, I might start to get a little nervous. That, in my opinion is a pretty big risk

11 Likes