Fragment 14: OBSCURIOTEMPUS FOUND

We might want to prep an encouragement message since we might not get the song ready by cutoff. Now that she knows we’re here, she might be more receptive and remember more things.

7 Likes

I agree, an encouragement message/story is needed here I think.

@Ginger, that’s (the six verse thing) what makes me think maybe the music idea is wrong, though what we have there could be a single verse. It repeats at the right sort of point to sound like each verse could consists of 2 sentences. Maybe the words we have will for each answer will help write it?

6 Likes

I love the numbers to notes translation! However, now I’m even more confused. Isn’t the unrhyme in the book’s message talking about the “Scurious breath” passage that came with the first set of clues? How does that fit into the song? Even if it was just there to explain the codes, why was it so long? I can’t imagine putting all that on the box was just for kicks, but I’m not sure what we are supposed to do with it.

8 Likes

To you and @Viviane I feel exactly the same. They (the unriddles?) have to be important but how exactly do we use them if not notes in the tune? Using them as lyrics leads to gibberish. It makes the most sense currently to me to use them as notes, but I think we’re far from knowing what sense is. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s still the clue from the BoB about bringing characters together. Characters can mean letters. So we can either bring the letters together to form the tune because they represent notes or … write stuff …?

8 Likes

I think we need to tell her who we are like with did with augie as she has figured out that we have been communicating through her dress. We need to reassure her that we are on her side and are trying to help her

8 Likes

Just so that there isn’t a need to scroll, search, or jump between threads to find these.
Robert made a thread to track the numbers HERE

All of which I compiled HERE

11 Likes

We could try to send 2 messages at separate times. One with the mourning song the other introducing us.

4 Likes

Arent we only able to send one per day?

3 Likes

Usually we can send more than one, I haven’t checked because we’ve never had a need to.

3 Likes

We should probably start with the introduction message, just in case…also because it doesn’t seem like we have the song ready to send…

7 Likes

Step off my turf @Endri !
I’ve already claimed that position:unamused:

7 Likes

I can record around 5:30 central time. Anyone else want to do it though? I don’t want to hog all the talking :wink:

8 Likes

I can do the recording anytime, so if we are down to very little time, which we usually aren’t, would it be okay if I did it?

4 Likes

I have no qualms about it. What shall the message be?

4 Likes

Well, since we haven’t nailed down the song just yet why not introduce us, what happened to our BoB and maybe our chats with Augie?

4 Likes

One problem how the heck do we explain how we ended up communicating to her through her dreams? We started out with emails to augie but then it changed to dream inception. Are we going to tell her the full truth or keep it vauge?

3 Likes

Same way we explain messaging with Augie. Dawson left us a Chronocompass that lets us talk with the past. I think talking about the truth doesn’t hurt, Knatz already roughly knows who we are, so let’s explain why we need her help.

4 Likes

Isn’t the full truth of how we got in her dreams “we don’t know”? Or “magiq”? I know they both sound vague and evasive, but as far as I’ve followed, we’re not sure why it went from emails to dream hacking.

6 Likes

@Mr5yy and @Ashburn that sounds good to me

3 Likes

(https://d39z42ofxysd63.cloudfront.net/original/2X/e/ed7479eb7484d0ef5dd7a5a6fbae92c31d315442.m4a
Just a preliminary stab at it. Let me know if I should change anything.

6 Likes