Fragment 13 (Official): INLAUDETUS FOUND

I think I’m still a bit cautious about leaving words out; I feel like if the information is there, it’s there for a reason, and not just to confuse us. I do think using the syllables, or poetic meter to piece the words together seems like something that could yield results.

5 Likes

How about this:

Hey Augie!

Hope your Monday went well! Is everything going well for you and the rest of your Lodge? We thought we’d update you on the puzzle. We’re getting close to finding the instructions from the rhymes in the clocks, so don’t losse hope yet!

[Name]

4 Likes

Seems good. Maybe acknowledge what happened with Missouri, let him know we’re staying safe?

3 Likes

Okay!

So:

Hey Augie!

Hope your Monday went well! Thank goodness you found the girl in Missouri. Even though she’s lost her being, atleast she’s safe. We are staying safe currently, making sure not to take any risks. Is everything going well for your Lodge? Also, we thought it would be a good idea to update you on our progress with the puzzle. We’re getting close to finding the instructions from the “rhymes” in the clocks, so don’t lose hope yet! Also, if any of the Mountiees in your Lodge has made any progress with them, would you be willing to share?

[name]

Edit: is this all right?

5 Likes

I think “Missouri” was actually what they call her, not just where she was. Other than that, I’d say it looks alright.

4 Likes

Oh, I will send it! Should I do an introduction?

4 Likes

I think you’re good to send, @Mr5yy.

4 Likes

Okay, this is what I sent:

Hey Augie!

Hope your Monday went well! Hi there, I’m Mr5yy, a fellow Balimoran alongside Nimueh, but you can call me 5! Thank goodness you found the Missouri, if that’s her name. Even though she’s lost her being, atleast she’s safe. We are staying safe currently, making sure not to take any risks. Is everything going well for your Lodge? Also, we thought it would be a good idea to update you on our progress with the puzzle. We’re getting close to finding the instructions from the “rhymes” in the clocks, so don’t lose hope yet! Also, if any of the Mountiees in your Lodge has made any progress with them, would you be willing to share?

Have a good Tuesday,
Mr5yy

Edit: Good job today! Have a nice night everyone!

6 Likes

Poking about with the rhyme again, figuring there has to be a reason there isn’t a second ‘dock’ in there. I doubt it’s in it’s final order, but here’s what I’ve tried so far:

Hickory dickory dock
The mouse ran up the clock
The clock struck one
The mouse did not run
(two lines ending with cut and shut, using she instead of the mouse since we’re out of those)
The clocks began to chime
And split down the line
Hickory dickory done

6 Likes

That sounds really good. It might be it!

2 Likes

Or perhaps the changes start even sooner, and rather than ‘the clock struck one’ something about ‘the clock did not chime’ and have the clock strike one and the mouse running down at the bottom so it can rhyme with the ‘hickory dickory done.’

3 Likes

Can someone repeat the list of words that were taken out of the pieces in the middle of the clock? I’m sorry if that request is unclear…

3 Likes

Here’s all of the words from both clocks in alphabetical order:

And began chime clock clock clocks cut dickory dickory did dock done down down hickory hickory line longest mouse mouse mouse not one ran right run she she shut split struck the the the the the the the the time to up was yet

3 Likes

2 Likes

@Remus and I were talking and threw the idea in there that perhaps rather than intermingling with the original rhyme there is a second verse added which follows the rhyme scheme of Hickory Dickory Dock? We were playing around with the words and figured there were enough rhyming words as I think you mentioned earlier up. Then we got to playing around with what logically fit together, but we got about as far as you did with some lines. Just thought I’d maybe suggest another way of looking at it rather than one big blog of poetry ?

Everything aside, I doubt I will ever like this nursery rhyme again.

7 Likes

10 Likes

okay, so Augie’s rhyme leaves:
Began clocks did down line shut split to chime cut dickory hickory longest mouse right the she the the the time

Hickory dickory time
The clocks began to chime?

Also, with only 3 verbs there, the mouse can only cut, shut or split.

Edit: Another possibility would be for the first to lines to end with shut and cut, then the other three line, time and chime. It then follows the rhyme scheme from the first verse.

5 Likes

"Hickory Dickory dock
The mouse ran up the clock
The clock struck one
And down she run
The mouse was not yet done

Hickory dickory shut
The mouse began to cut
The clocks did chime
She split down the line
Right the longest time"

That’s the best I can do for it. What do you guys think?

9 Likes

If anything, the last two lines are perfect!

2 Likes

Ah I was so close. Well done guys!

2 Likes