Fragment 13 (Official): INLAUDETUS FOUND

If that is the case though, what’s our next step? Do they mean write not right? And by longest time, does tat mean that the clocks times we’ve been looking at in the strips? What does that have to do with the clock faces?

2 Likes

This is the most important part of the reply. We have to use all the leftover words to make a second verse.

3 Likes

So the leftover words we have to play with are:

began chime clocks cut dickory did down hickory line longest mouse right she shut split the the the the the time to

@Nimueh what you’ve written is great! But I think it’s gonna need tweaking to fit everything in

3 Likes

Interesting, random information about the original rhyme:

8 Likes

My only quick thing with the last two lines (though it makes them uneven), what about:

She split the line
Right down the longest time.

It fits the 7-6-4-4-6 syllable structure that way.

(I almost feel like I want chime at the end, but I’m not sure how to get there at the moment, just woke up)

Edit: could also be:
She split the time
Right down the longest line

9 Likes

That’s what I was having problems with last night. You seem to be able to work with syllables better than me. :yum:

2 Likes

So going off those as directions for what’s next, if it’s splitting down the longest time, that could be reference to either 21:01, the latest time on the strip, or 12 on the clock face, which had the dotted line on it and has already been cut in some cases (@Viviane did that first thing, I followed suit the other day, I’m sure there were others since it was marked with dashes and we were following the other directions); or perhaps (destructive as it could be to the papercraft itself) the line created by the arrows pointing to the things that take the longest time to change from one to the other (off the top of my head, probably acorn to oak).

If it’s down the longest line, it could be the dotted line at 12 again, or it could be the longest line of letters between times on the infinity strip

4 Likes

Okay, so I think the dashes at 12 were to enable us to cut out the centre of the clockwithout destroying it. I tried looking to see where 9:01 would be on the clock and at doesn’t really line up with anything. The longest line of letters is between 20:09 and 08:14. Small letters here are (P, H,) R,E,E,S,S,U, (E,S). Letters in brackets are on the times themseles. The big letters differ depending on how we stuck the loop togther.

3 Likes

Perhaps we need create two separate rings from the now and the pages to go with each clock?

2 Likes

Well, going off of the rhyme, we need to do something at a time when the clock chimes. So it would be either an hour and/or a halh hour.

2 Likes

Or a quarter

2 Likes

I think your rearrangement, “she split the time/right down the longest line” fits really well. Which makes me think: a regular Mobius strip has only one side and becomes one big circle when cut down the center, but one with a double twist willl split into two interconnected loops…although I’m not sure that would give us any more information.

6 Likes

But it would fit in with what we’re doing theme-wise, interlinking two timelines.

4 Likes

Fair. And maybe it will help us make progress somehow, like the figure 8 twist did in the first place? Unfortunately I left my puzzle strip at home today, so if someone else wants to try this out before I get home this evening, I’ve included a YouTube link to clarify what I’m talking about. The relevant part starts at 2:00 minutes (I forget how to add timestamps in the URL).

8 Likes

“Fun With Mobius Strip”
Glares at crumbled pieces of paper

15 Likes

Wooo! Great work so far guys! I’ll um uh… I’ll just be uh…doing…yeah.

6 Likes

im on a boat. i know this feeling of being able to do nothing at all

4 Likes

So, I made this.
It’s a bit unstable, but now I can read both clock faces at once again.

6 Likes

It looks awesome! What does it say?

2 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out how to read it. Maybe it’s a matter of matching the paired words/arrows on the faces. Any suggestions?

4 Likes