Fragment 13 (Official): INLAUDETUS FOUND

So any ideas on what message we should send? Maybe ask if his grand father was part of a Mounties group like ours (as he believes we are in the same time as him) or maybe ask more about the place made of doors? We could ask if he’s had any ideas on the rhyme.

EDIT: Could we answer his very last question?

“How do you stop something like that?”

2 Likes

“Have a seemingly crazy but actually brilliant homeless man convince an invisible congress of magiqal beings/practitioners to risk everything to shield you so that you too can discover an extremely well hidden time portal!”

11 Likes

That seems like a great idea! We’ll tell him to do that! :wink:

2 Likes

It’s what mostly anybody would do in this situation.

5 Likes

I noticed that our clock (post 561) has changed slightly. The word “done” is no longer there. Should probably at least mention it if not send again.

5 Likes

I don’t think it will matter

As it is an Out of world problem and it might look odd that ours has changed. Though we could blame it on the council and say they had some IT issues!

2 Likes

The update page.

3 Likes

Okay so you can almost fully recreate the rhyme except for one Dock missing off the end. My theory is that the left over words will spell out a message. So I’m currently working on trying to price together what’s left over. If I find anything ill post an update

EDIT: the words I have left over are:

And chime cut longest mouse right she the the the the time yet began clocks did done down she shut split to was line not.

6 Likes

I got something similar when I did it yesterday.

One of the "done"s doesn’t belong, but other than that.

Edit: I got rid of all of the “the’s” because I assume that they would also be part of the original rhyme. I’m guessing now that some of them are, but not all.

4 Likes

Ye cos I can get sentences like “The clocks chime”

3 Likes

The words: Cut, line, longest, clocks, split and she, are really big key words for me as clocks is plural and we have two clocks here. Also we have a lot of lines and cutting. Finally she is important as I could maybe refer to Deirdre or her mother

4 Likes

I’m thinking your right. I’m going to go through the clocks as you just did and see if I notice anything.

2 Likes

Just a mad theory but I’m suspecting that it might be in the style of a rhyme, possibly something close to the style of hickory dickory dock

5 Likes

I’m using this website for the lyrics:
https://www.kididdles.com/lyrics/h046.html

I’m getting confused at times, mainly cause it feels like we would mainly use the first rhyme, but the words “split” and “struck” belong to the sixth.
Maybe we’re supposed to take out any word that is used in the rhyme?

2 Likes

Ah I used the rhyme on Wiki as its closer to the modern version:

“Hickory, dickory, dock.
The mouse ran up the clock.
The clock struck one,
Down the mouse run,
Hickory, dickory, dock”

5 Likes

Apparently I’m blind as a bat, I haven’t been able to find the Wiki one.:yum:

2 Likes

I was also struck by the leftover “mouse,” as well as the leftover rhyming words: shut and cut, time and chime…maybe the rest of the words are a continuation of the poem?

6 Likes

Possibly, or they could be part of the instructions. Maybe the instructions rhyme?

2 Likes

Ah its so hard to find the right combination of words!

2 Likes

The clocks began to chime?
Split/cut the line?
She was right to?

This isn’t the finished product, it’s just a few ideas of some possible combinations

1 Like