Fragment 13 (Official): INLAUDETUS FOUND

Maybe add something about the two circles no longer being the same size and it sounds good to me!

3 Likes

So, do the clocks now fit like a code disk, with one inside the other?

2 Likes

I think that may be kind of what I did with the last pictures I posted (with the letters facing in)(post 596), but that extra smaller circle didn’t want to fit in there, so unless we’re able to come up with an instruction that tells us to cut somewhere else and put that smaller circle on the inside…

3 Likes

One part I’m pretty sure, like 85%, is that we’re supposed to cut a line. But I can’t figure out the answer for it. :sob:

Edit: Maybe we’re only supposed to take certain things from each one? Like young words from the page with child, acorn, ECT. And vice versa?

2 Likes

Alright, here’s the final text of what I sent to Augie:

Hi Augie,

Viviane again. Our journal page also changed! I’ve included an updated copy that you can pass along to Tink and your Mountaineers. We’ve cut out the clocks like the previous instructions indicated, and we noticed that there are 3 tabs on each clock face, and three dashed spaces on each edge of the figure-8 strip. We think the tabs fit into the dashed spaces on each edge of the figure-8 strip, although it’s not exactly an 8 that way since the loops are no longer the same size. We also noticed that the 5 words on your clock pair with the 5 words on ours (a child, in time, becomes an adult, et cetera). Unfortunately we haven’t gotten much farther than that.

We’re all fine here, still. Hope you’re staying safe. Nimueh mentioned that you’d had a “crazy day” late last week. Was it something related to the Mountaineers? Anything we can do to help?

-Viv

10 Likes

7 Likes

Okay just throwing some thoughts about. His grand father was part of some group like ours. Potential references to the council, the storm and maybe Neithernor as well. It sounds like the storm and the Silver are hiding in a place like Neithernor.

4 Likes

So, it sounds like Augie is describing the Neithernoor. But that last part, “And at any moment, something could come out of it and take everything you are.” Could the Storm hide in the Neithernoor?

2 Likes

The Silver were exiled from Neithernor, as Sullivan described it, and the Storm was created after that. In fact, it was created because of that.

However, there are other places beyond the Veil. I cannot recall if Sullivan mentioned specifically what place the Silver chose to make their home in after their exile from Neithernor, but I remember that they set about gathering power from the mundane world after.

5 Likes

We know that the Sliver was exiled from the Neithernoor, but would it be possible for the Storm to hide in it? Maybe we could ask Augie what he means by it.

2 Likes

Augernon doesn’t know anything about Neithernor if his first message to us is any indication. I get the feeling this is all very new to him… everything Marty learned from him about The Storm, Augie is only really beginning to learn now.

I don’t think The Storm is hiding in Neithernor. Probably, I imagine, in another pocket dimension or in Between dimensions… but I don’t know.

7 Likes

Your probably right. How about asking if any of the '94 Mountiees have tried to guess the instructions in the clock’s “rhymes”?

3 Likes

That’s a priority, of course.

5 Likes

Good magiqal Monday morning, Mountaineers.

My random thoughts for today after catching up. I think if I say something horribly unoriginal I attribute the original thinker. If I miss someone, I apologize.

1. I agree with @Viviane and @Ashburn. I completely think the numbers and arrows are pointing at the ‘before/after’ words.

1 Acorn--------|
2 Caterpillar-------|
3 Wine------|
4 Vinegar–|
5 Oak------------|
6 Adult-----------|
7 Tragedy–|
8 Comedy–|
9 Butterfly----------|
10 Child---------|

So 1-5, 2-9, 3-4, 7-8, and 10-6.

1. There are 10 arrows. There are 10 timestamps on the paper loop. That seems significant. (@Sellalellen said so before) So perhaps an arrow and word map to a timestamp on the loop?

Maybe the numbers 1-10 magically line up in order of the timestamps? Could it be that neat?

1. I keep asking myself why none of the times have a minute section that goes over 23. Other than random chance, the only reason I can come with is maybe because the times are meant to be read in reverse at some point? So instead of reading 20:19 as 8:19pm, it could be read as 19:20 or 7:20pm? That would only work if no minutes exceeded 23.

Or it could be dumb chance, too.

I thought I was really onto something when I noticed two of the times on the loop are 20:09, or 8:09pm. And 9:08 or 9:08 am, which are the reverse of each other. None of the rest of them seem to match so well unless I’m missing something.

1. The ‘rhyme’ is very odd. It’s meant to evoke Hickory Dickory Dock, but as @Ashburn mentions there are words missing. a ‘dock’, a second ‘ran’ etc.

Is it possible we’re looking for a very old or some other variation of the poem? Maybe that these other words are in, or maybe this is two rhymes combined? Or the rhyme combined with the instructions we seek?

My head hurts.

7 Likes

Maybe it’s a version of the rhyme by Fletcher Dawson?

2 Likes

Re: point 4

One of the other possible iterations of the second to last line is “down the mouse run” (thanks Wikipedia!). Since ‘run’ is one of our words, I let that anomaly from what we’re used to slide.

4 Likes

In the guild familiars thread, The Minnying of Ojorad came up (the only reason I know about it, wasn’t here for when it was relevant), and I recall there being a girl mouse involved.

That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw there was a spare ‘mouse’ and ‘she’ available after taking all the traditional words from the rhyme out.

3 Likes

Last night, when I first turned the letters of the infinity to the inside, I got the arrows to read LATITSELEN, which looked like it could be something (maybe the arrows are more than just pointing at the words).

Some searching tells me that ‘latit’ is a very long and complicated conjugation of a Latin verb meaning either “I hide or conceal” or “I broaden or widen,” and ‘selen’ is Low German for “souls” (among relating to the element selenium in several languages).

My first thought for ‘selen’ was that it may have to do with the moon (Greek goddess Selene), but didn’t find anything referencing it without that extra e on the end.

2 Likes

So I’m reposting this because I just realized how relevant it is to our current situation.

3 Likes

Maybe we’re supposed to put something into the clocks where the dashes split them.

Edit: I’m going to post what I mean in a bit once I print it out.

3 Likes