Fragment 13 (Official): INLAUDETUS FOUND

I’m not sure there’s a trail, it’s a substitution cypher, of sorts.

6 Likes

If you use the time stamps and put them in the places of their corresponding times, it might work. We only need enough to fill in a circle. The second page looks like it fits squares being put in. Why make it in such a way? And if we went through, maybe some of the doubles don’t need to be here.

3 Likes

It’s an odd cypher for a text that has a majority of 3 letter words arranged in alphabetical order, but there’s not much else I could think of. The problem is figuring out how to break this. Running it through statistical analysis doesn’t seem super helpful right now, but it’s something.

Of note is that R and S are the only letters to appear individually. Assuming we’re translating this to English, this means those represent I and A in some combination. Thus the cyphertext “RES” becomes pretty awkward.

The only possible word that I can find is “ani,” which is a cuckoo bird, much like myself right now.

4 Likes

There are 25 Boxes and 25 3-letter groups in the “text” (+ AL, R & S) - could each auf this 3-letter group reference one box?

3 Likes

I’m going to look at this with fresh eyes tomorrow. Of course, once I’m up, it’ll already be solved :stuck_out_tongue:

Goodnight, good morning, and good luck.

5 Likes

Maybe this has to be combined with the Roman numerals we have got

2 Likes

The Roman numerals have appeared repeatedly on documents we’ve received throughout our journey. So far, all we know is that they’re in ascending order within and across each document. They have a track record of not being relevant.

That said, we never know when that’ll change.

6 Likes

Ye I just thought they would be relevant now as this fragment is about time and it took us time to collect them and Roman numerals are usually use in the telling of time. Just a hunch

3 Likes

Could we be making a cipher disk?

3 Likes

Oh boy, it’s 4 am here and I need to go to bed but this looks interesting. This fragment should be a paper craft (just based on what we have had before), so maybe we would have better luck folding it instead of messing around in PS? Just an idea. Also, maybe someone mentioned this, but the backgrounds of each square has little dashes in them and each square is different - maybe we eventually have to match those up in some capacity as well. Just something to think about.

12 Likes

Well I missed a lot!
You guys jumped right into it! Good work:)
Ill be more helpful once it’s not 6 am and I’ve had my coffee.
Keep it up!

7 Likes

I doubt they are three letter words.

I think each three letter group points you to a single letter. I’m just not sure the order they are used in yet.

4 Likes

The page, the story, is really heartbreaking. It reminds me of dreams I’ve had before, though obviously not exactly the same… but there’s a certain feeling in it.

I think we can assume it’s from the BOB, their reward for completing the assessment maybe?

8 Likes

We’ve usually received a part of this strange narrative at the beginning of each “phase.”

7 Likes

I wonder if Deidre is familiar with this story specifically. Wouldn’t hurt to ask, maybe?

Have we asked her about visiting some locations in New York, with the hopes they trigger new pages in the journal? She’s a smart woman, so she’ll figure it out soon on her own, most likely.

Anyway, back to this rabbit hole.

5 Likes

We’re almost at a thousand posts here. I’m going to create a new thread, number the threads (1,2…) and move everything about the new clue to the new topic.

8 Likes

Good plan. Maybe we should rename this one something totally different, since we’re only getting clues just now about Frag 13?

That way people will be less bamboozled when they wake up and try to sort out where to post.

3 Likes

I’ll see if I can come up with a new name that explains it was the road leading here and not the actual fragment?

6 Likes

Okay, we’re in the new fragment topic. Once we have a better idea of what we’re dealing with I’ll change the title.

5 Likes

Gosh this confused me for a second.

3 Likes