Fragment 13 (Official): INLAUDETUS FOUND

It may not have printed the right size this time, but it looks like half the infinity symbol is about the size of the center of the clock. Putting the overlap where it was in the pictures we sent there are three cut outs per side, but they are too close together to match with the tabs sticking out of clock #1.

3 Likes

Do the locations of the arrows match any times on the loop?

2 Likes

The 9/8 and 5/6 can match up with the 08:14 and 05:05, but everything else is too far apart.

I have the feeling that at least part of what’s in the center of our page will match up with those arrows, or maybe have an hour hand to have the outer arrows be the minute hand…

Let me check something…

2 Likes

Okay, I wrote down the arrows as times (just in case there isn’t anything else in the center).
If they’re times, I got 4:49:30, 9:56, 8:59:30, 5:11:30, 6:15:30.

At any rate, Deirdre went to check the page about half an hour ago, so hopefully we’ll hear from her soon.

3 Likes

While looking at the Then clock, I noticed that the words in the center are all in alphabetical order.

7 Likes

I’m looking at the words while I wait for the update, and there are several words that aren’t in the rhyme.

Looks like one of the potential origins involves the number 8, 9, 10. Feels like something to keep in mind.

5 Likes

The word pieces in the cipher that gave us the first instructions on the “Then” page were also in alphabetical order; maybe we have to re-order them somehow? The second journal page might give us more to go on.

I’m also sort of hoping that the next clock will have 1, 2, 3, 7, and 10 on it somewhere; then we’d have a whole set of numbers 1-10 labelling the arrows, although I’m still at a loss as to what the arrows might point to.

4 Likes

They might point to letters on the ring. Maybe the letters making up the fragment?

2 Likes

If that’s the case, then there’s a specific way that the pieces go together, and there will be a lot of taking things apart to figure out just which letters are needed.

Edit: or not, since there’s that deconstructed picture further up the thread.

2 Likes

So are we waiting for an update from Deirdre before we reply?

1 Like

That seems to be the plan, yes. If DG checks and it turns out that we have an updated page, we’ll want to send that to Augie. If not, we’ll also want to let him know that so we can figure out what might trigger its appearance.

4 Likes

Anyone want to have a go at a draft for tonight’s response in the event we don’t hear back tonight? We can always add on any new stuff if we do come across anything.

2 Likes

I’m not really sure what to say as we haven’t made much progress. God I wish there wasn’t such a huge time difference between the UK and US!

1 Like

Message?
“Hey Augie,
We’re working on getting our page to see if it’s updated. We’re also tryign to see if we can work out how to use the clocks. Sorry, we don’t have much right now…
Nim”

3 Likes

Although he might not have access to email over the weekend again…in which case, no rush.

2 Likes

I think we definitely need to know what’s happening on his end even though we could probably guess

1 Like

That’s true, I forgot this is the night we don’t hear anything…

2 Likes

I thought that was tomorrow night?

2 Likes

We won’t get a reply till Monday if this weekend is anything like last weekend

3 Likes

In the morning it’ll show the same response as today, then as long as we respond with something by Sunday we should get something Monday morning. Thankfully we only miss out on Saturday into Sunday, I had initially expected to not hear anything back until Tuesday morning last week (basing it off of Augie not having internet outside of work).

4 Likes