Fragment 13 (Official): INLAUDETUS FOUND

Yeah, that was my initial mindset as well, the instruction/phrase just kind of sounds like it is making a hoop, and it isn’t the configuration of the letters that is important, it is the dashes. I just feel stumped so I have been trying to look at anything in new lights

4 Likes

I notice references of sands and hospitals in the text, which makes me think of Augie.

2 Likes

So here it is all broken up, I am really struggling to put it together in a way that has the big letters spell out anything of significance. And no matter which was you do it, that little letters still spell out “This is the present timeline” and “cut out the dashes use the clocks”. Maybe this will let some of you who haven’t had the opportunity to print these out take a look for yourselves. The more eyes the better.

What else we are missing? I know that is what we are all asking ourselves haha. But yeah… What else can we do that could potentially make the clocks appear

6 Likes

I folded my hoop in half and the dashed cutouts revealed the times 14:12, 20:05, and four blanks. I want this to mean something, but the blanks make me doubtful.

9 Likes

You’re a genius, @Deyavi. Deirdre just posted the sketch.

http://www.deedsdone.co.uk/2017/07/28/for-the-mountaineers-18/

10 Likes

You don’t suppose the #18 factors into the new puzzle? Or how the ribbons seem to be twisted is how the hoops should go?

6 Likes

Exactly.

someone with the correctly built ring, fold it like the sketch

7 Likes

And then the 3:04 overlaps with the 15:04. Genius thinking @Deyavi

10 Likes

Yeah, I think that is exactly It. I twisted my already constructed hoop (still deciding if I want to make a new one… ;)) and it all seems to fit together pretty well.

I just don’t know what we do with it now

4 Likes

post pictures of the twisted hoops?

3 Likes

Two scenarios could play out. Either A) There’s a new clue hidden in the “mobius strip” or B) This will unlock the next layer of the fragment.

12 Likes

Are you suggesting it is actually a Mobius strip? I guess I will have to reconstruct it after all.

Will post pictures after I have made the Mobius strip - @grimangel53

EDIT: I just got very excited. I did a project on August Ferdinand Mobius and the Mobius Strip in Calculus 12 in high school

6 Likes

Sullivan comes through for us again.

Nothing is ever for no reason. We gotta lean on that!

Progress!

12 Likes

Total speculation just based on the illustration. Nerd hat on Though normally Mobius strips are twisted 180 degrees, and this one is twisted 360.

11 Likes

I can’t believe it. DG mentioned it over a week ago and I didn’t think to ask. You’re right. We’ve been too deep in the solving. Have to try and keep our heads up.

10 Likes

Omg well done @Deyavi!

2 Likes

Lol, just as I was wondering what to write for a reply, I come back to this! Awesome job guys! And nice thinking remembering the scetch @Deyavi! Now, what are we doign with it lol. I have my (makeshift) loop handy, what should I be doing?

7 Likes

Twisting it into the shape of the sketch maybe?

1 Like

Can someone follow the sketch, make a complete one and post a photo here? I’m not sure what we need to do, but if there’s a clue we need to see it and if it’s a lock maybe we need proof of a completed one?

8 Likes

Is the striping the back side or the front? Does it matter?

2 Likes