Fragment 13 (Official): INLAUDETUS FOUND

@Endri, that seems reasonable. I’ll whip something up.

In general, any thoughts on what we should mention? Just a summary of today’s progress with the fragment?

6 Likes

I think that’s a good idea Viv!:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think so. I’m also of the mind that we should send the new pages as well. The more Mounties working on this the better. But I leave that up to the group to decide.

10 Likes

Oh I’d definitely send the pages. I don’t see any reason not to.

7 Likes

In addition to the fragment summary, I still think Robert’s idea to give Augie some assurance would be good - tell him to believe in the flow of magiq and such. Considering how scary his situation, it can’t hurt to add a little comfort, especially since he’ll be worrying about Nim.

7 Likes

That our benefactor found the matching pages and we made some progress with weaving the strips together. I second (third? fourth?) sending our pages.

5 Likes

I must not have seen the BoB for awhile, it looked worse to me. :joy:

5 Likes

I definitely understand, I had to check myself because I thought it’d gotten worse too :grimacing: I’m quite fortunate to have snagged a screenshot early on, it makes checking these things so much easier. :grin:

7 Likes

Okay, here’s a draft. Sorry, I’m a bit long-winded. How does this message, plus attaching the pages, sound?

Hi Augie,

Viviane here, or Viv if you like. I’m part of Nimueh’s group. She said she mentioned me? Anyway, Nimueh’s not available right now - she’s fine, just badly needed sleep - but we made some urgent progress on the fragment and wanted to let you know.

Earlier today, someone sent our group these two additional pages: a “Now” to match the “Then” and another story page with a blank circle. Following the instructions we already had, our Mounties cut out strips and did a bit of paper weaving. Turns out, if you weave the strips in order of the numbers, one pattern of over and under reads “Overlap equal times and tape,” and the opposite weave reads “The times are one instruction.”

Laying out the strips so that the matching times overlap gives two more sentences. The first row of small letters reads, “This is the present timeline,” and the bottom reads “Cut out dashes / use the clocks.” We’ve tried out different things from there but not gotten anywhere yet. Given our work on past fragments, we’re wondering if something will appear in those blank spaces? If not, maybe your group will have some other ideas for this new information.

Don’t worry about us; our group has stayed safe so far, and we’ll look out for each other. Someone wise once told us to “Trust the flow of magiq.” And, what do you know, progress! I have faith that we can get this book unlocked if we work together.

11 Likes

Sounds perfect!

3 Likes

I would send quickly

3 Likes

My one edit, and it is very minor, I would maybe refer to Deirdre as something other than “someone”. Something like our Benefactor, but maybe not exactly that. Other than that, I think it sounds great

It could even be “someone close to our group”. I don’t know :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Good point, thanks Brendon!

4 Likes

Okay, I changed “someone” in the second paragraph to read, “a ‘Benefactor’ of ours with ties to AGP.” Sound good? If so, I’ll go ahead and send.

Edit: Message and new pages sent just now. I added the text to @Nimueh’s communication tracking doc, too.

10 Likes

Did you send it?

3 Likes

12 Likes

Okay. Things don’t look bad from now. We still don’t have much to do tomorrow though do we?

3 Likes

“Where have you been all this time?”

Now that’s a dangerous question. What do you all think?

2 Likes

Only dangerous if we take it for more than it is and try to answer it :slight_smile: But for now, I’ll see if I can get back into the puzzle and try to make progress now I’m not half dead :smiley:

7 Likes

You’re good now?

3 Likes