Fourth Fragment: The Secret Mission Part Two

Me too, I tried at 6:59, 7:00 and 7:01.

2 Likes

So we have 3 hours to come up with a new method. Progress though, I like it.

2 Likes

Tried and ??? Got a leave a message thing… i may have been a minute too late

2 Likes

Well damn. We didn’t miss it, there is just something more to it. But what?

2 Likes

Okay. Let’s try to pul something from the last 2 lines.

With these digits properly placed, its time to find the jeweller’s face
where fifty thousand shadows fall, now find a way to make your call.

Find a way to make your call…that’s gotta be the key.

4 Likes

Hmm. What do we think about the jeweller’s face part?

3 Likes

Also, what about the line “find the jeweler’s face where fifty thousand shadows fall”
What does that even mean?

4 Likes

Just brainstorming, but I was thinking jeweller’s face could maybe have to do with a Tiffany’s clock? Because when I think of NYC jewellers, Tiffany’s is definitely the one that comes to mind.

EDIT: but even if we find another place, how it would help us make a call, I do not know.

4 Likes

Oh by the way, when i called the 646-882-7833 number (i tried both), uh… the voice that said i couldn’t get through sounded like Brandon to me? but i also have a hard time discerning voices, I’m going to upload the recording from that because i want a second opinion

2 Likes

It would be strange, plus we still have access to all the mp3 files from first trial so we could compare the voices pretty easily

2 Likes

Oh I found it.

The Barthman Jewelers store - In 1946, the NYPD estimated that fully 51,000 people stepped on the clock daily between 11AM and 2PM.

5 Likes

Okay, it has a compass and a date 1884. maybe we enter 1884 like you would to dial an extension

2 Likes

That’s odd, I think I may have gotten something different. I got a robotic lady saying “The party you are calling is not currently accepting calls. Please call back at another time.”

2 Likes

tried 1884 after the beep. no love

2 Likes

Ok, this is a really weird idea, but what if we texted it? o-o

2 Likes

I’m down for that. I texted them “The Barthman Jewelers store clock?” - I’m not sure they will answer (or if that’s the right thing to say) but anything is worth a try.

3 Likes

Oh shit (edit: pardon my french) - they answered

A ring, a buzz, a tick, a hum.
It matters where you’re calling from.
You have them all but what comes after?
Time to look down on the Crafter.

I think we have to send someone to that clock, perhaps? But how would they know where we are calling from?

7 Likes

Beautiful progress! Hooray! Now, what/who in the world is “the Crafter”. and why is it capitalized?

Edit: The best I’ve gotten in the little bit I’ve done is a freakin luxury watch show! Luxury. Watch. Show. What in the world!

2 Likes

First thought, if Brandon is The Crafter, he buried himself in a shell (the subway station) There’s a clock on City Hall.
Just random spewing, I’ll look into it more
I’m thinking that the subway has those glass panels, you be able to see them from above.

2 Likes

The Crafter was mentioned at the very start of the riddle. Re-uploading below so we can reference it.

2 Likes