Fourth Fragment: The Secret Mission Part Two

Just out of curiosity, what is the five from?

2 Likes

The Met Tower is 50 stories high.

2 Likes

Right, d’oh, I swear I am normally a little sharper than this

4 Likes

@Brendon, s’okay, I think all our brains are a bit fried right now. I know I could deal with a long vacation, or at least a two day nap :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Well, we’ve got about 5 minutes to make our first try at calling. @Robert, have have you got your phone voice sorted out?

2 Likes

Well @Robert , you wanna see if you are gonna put that “Oops wrong number” line to use?
Looks like @Leigha said it just before me :smiley:

3 Likes

Already on it. I called 646 885-0833 and it just rang and rang and rang. I’ll try back at 2pm sharp, as well as the first number.

On an unrelated note I also called 646 855-0833 because I’m bad at copying down numbers. I made a friend. His name is Steve and he says hello.

6 Likes

Lol, well if you talk to him again send him our love.

2 Likes

We’re having brunch next weekend so I’ll do that.

6 Likes

The other option is replacing the “50” with “25” because that’s where the clocks are located on the Met Life Tower

2 Likes

Okay, 2pm called both

646 888-1233: Still disconnected
and
646 885-0833: Still just rings and rings and rings

2 Likes

Maybe its wrong? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Crap. Kinda odd that it just rings and rings, though. Most phones just send you to answering service or tell you your party is unavailable nowadays. Must be a landline.
(edit) Could we try looking it up?

3 Likes

http://www.peoplebyname.com/known-numbers/646-885-0xxx

This website doesn’t have 646-885-0833 listed

2 Likes

Well @%$#. What now? I guess 88 isn’t the right number? I was pretty certain it would work… :slight_frown:

Also, what in the world do you mean? It says it right here… doesn’t it?

2 Likes

I seriously don’t know what I was looking at… Maybe I should just wake up a bit before trying to help more. Sorry everyone

EDIT: I swear I looked for that number, but in the event I was wrong, I looked at all numbers ending in 33, and they all have a number associated… However, I know for a fact the number I was looking at wasn’t there because it went from 34 to 32… could it have been added even in the small time I posted it to now?

3 Likes

Its alright @Brendon, we all have those days!
…sadly those days tend to be almost everyday for me :stuck_out_tongue: Don’t feel bad!

2 Likes

What now is we do what any good mountaineer does. Go back to our last solid footing and pick a new path.

We all think 646 is reasonable to start and 33 at the end.
Before the 33 is either 8 or 12.

We are back to Grand Central and runaway Leinster.

5 Likes

Well I’m stumped. I wonder if @Reader has an update for us about the Devoted. How close are they to solving this? Any guidance for us?

2 Likes

We never really got a solid answer for Grand Central, we really need to figure out the piano and the gates. There’s an old fashioned song from a piano instruction book called Grand Central Station

4 Likes