FOUND : Fragment Fifteen: Reunions and Revivals - Gnascorius

I just got a text from Benefactor. It included the coordinates of a coastal intersection in the middle of nowhere, about 45 minutes north of Boston, a time (tomorrow at 3pm) and a name. “RK Adler”. Which is who I’m supposed to say I am if anyone asks. When I get to the intersection I’ll get another text for further instructions.

13 Likes

RK Adler was the username we had for the Lost Athenaeum.

8 Likes

This is getting more interesting by the moment. Be cautious and keep your defenses up.

8 Likes

AAAH! I just got back from a short break off the forum and wow I missed quite a bit! Anyone willing to catch me up on what we’re doing right now? It would be well appreciated!

4 Likes

meeting someone as RK Adler. bout it.

3 Likes

@Goldthorn, check out this week’s recap by @Deyavi here:
Mountaineer Recap: The Week of September 3rd

7 Likes

FYI Someone is online now.

8 Likes

There’s a spot for a message at the bottom now. Should I send it?

Edit: I just sent it, I figured enough people had approved yesterday. Feel free to yell at me if I jumped the gun on someone writing a deep thought.

13 Likes

Yep, that’s how I was. Always give it like 5-10 minutes to allow someone to disagree, if no one does send.

7 Likes

Thanks Benefactor for the hint. Telling Marty to use RKAdler made me check the Lost Athenaeum again.

There’s a new spell there. Half of the The Lantern of Low Hollow.

For ease of access:

http://thelostathenaeum.com/login/

username: RKAdler

password: 2jF)jD3qg9&QUFUC)MBNAC

Maybe THIS is what we should be giving Ascender?

Important part for your study.

Only a partial diary entry and the last three stanzas of this spell story have been found. Without the first half, the spell seems to be inert. The remains of the poem seem to infer its purpose was to first hear the “commanding voice” of a magiq user on the wind, and then take control or hijack the voice, whereupon one could either control the suffering, or break the malevolent hold over them.

Ascender mentioned having part of the spell? Does he only have the first half maybe?

13 Likes

Amazing find, @Robert.
Trying to get my head around this. So in this case, the controlling “voice” is the Silver… Is “the suffering” the storm? Could he/we use this to break Silver’s control of the storm? Or control it ourselves?

11 Likes

Wait does this mean that the storm isnt evil?!

5 Likes

Let’s send it when we can. Also awesome find!

4 Likes

That’s a good question @Rimor.

Assuming for a second (A very big, important second) that we could actually take control of the Storm away from the Silver… What do we do with it? Control it ourselves? Become our enemy and send the Storm against the Silver? or do we free it? Potentially letting an evil, angry storm of souls loose with direction?

This is world class scary stuff right here.

10 Likes

I for one want to free those trapped in it.

7 Likes

There are a thousand scaries in this.

10 Likes

I dont think the storm is evil, it could just be a very powerful primevil creature that the Silver is controling and forcing to do its bidding. It might actually be quite thankful that we freed it.

5 Likes

Next question, let’s talk paradox. If we give this to Ascender, and he frees the storm then we have a problem. Because the Storm has been seen in our time. We’d totally have changed history… unless I guess the Silver made a second storm in the years between our times. But that’s a different scary thought that they have a Storm assembly line somewhere.

I’m afraid we might have to use this ourselves. Which means someone would have to draw the storm out and be close enough to hear it.

10 Likes

Oh great two storms! Thanks for the nightmares!

6 Likes

When the councils protection fails the storm will come to us so we wont have to lure it out

6 Likes