FOUND : Fragment Fifteen: Reunions and Revivals - Gnascorius

They texted back. They’re sending me three miles down the road. I’m supposed to look for an unmarked, gated driveway on the right. Here we go.

12 Likes

Be safe and vigilant.

7 Likes

I couldn’t see the house at first for all the privet, but there’s a callbox so I buzzed and said I was RK Adler. They opened the gates. I’m sitting outside the house now. It’s huge, easily a century old, on a bluff overlooking the Atlantic.

12 Likes

Pretty sure this is Fallon’s old house. And if so, KS paid well. He had a full staff. Gardeners are picking up leaves in the yard. Two guys are washing the windows. I’m about to go to the front door. Just working up the nerve.

10 Likes

The woman who answered called me Dr. Adler. If I’d known I was playing doctor I wouldn’t have worn a week-old shirt. She walked me through to a study, where I’m waiting now. For who or what I don’t know.

12 Likes

She just came back and said Dr. Fallon will be ready in a few minutes. He’s here. Not sure what I’m about to walk into.

10 Likes

Fingers crossed he doesn’t remember anything about you.

10 Likes

I was just in Fallon’s office, with him. When I came in a nurse was taking his blood pressure. Turns out I’m a renowned therapist specializing in cognitive rehabilitation. His mind was definitely wiped by KS. I just excused myself to text you. I have no idea if they know what happened to him, if all these people are civilians, or if they work for KS or the Silver. I am in over my head and they’re either playing along or don’t know yet.

12 Likes

So I guess I’m just gonna have to play too.

11 Likes

I wasnt around when the silver were a major threat, only around fragment 13 and on, but is there something you could say or do to perhaps expose them in a way they might not hurt you?

3 Likes

Well, that answers one question.

6 Likes

I’d hate to say it, but do you think you should… ask the staff to fetch you some tea and give you two some privacy?

14 Likes

Time to wing it. I’m going back in. Will take notes of course. The woman who answered the door asked if I needed anything. I said time alone with him. And even though they said he wouldn’t drink it, I asked for a pot of tea. Anybody have time to back me up with the ritual? Would be helpful. I’ll follow up when I can.

12 Likes

I can back you up, just tell me what i can do.

3 Likes

Just so happens, I just made myself a cup. Ready when you are.

10 Likes

i agree with a Tea Time.

and be safe! you’'ll do great!

6 Likes

On it. Matcha on standby.

@Cj_Heighton, brew yourself a cup of tea and be ready to share some positive memories.

7 Likes

Here’s the Tea ritual. Go get some Tea!

Consolatory Teatime for Misplaced Memory* – A Summoning Ritual v1.03

[Multiple Practioners/Food & Beverage/Memory/Unperfected/Heresay/Herbs]

Note: the original text of this spell involved two persons, the one who had lost the memory, and the one who would summon the memory. As with most spells now, it may take more people to conjure the memory on this side of the veil.

REQUIRED:

• Several people must brew a cup of tea simultaneously. Any tea of one’s choosing is appropriate as long as it’s herbed in some way.
  • One of the practitioners must be in the physical presence of the person with the misplaced memory.

Sit with someone, have a warming cup of tea, and tell them something, a story, an anecdote about your day. Think calm and tranquil thoughts, allowing memories to swim in and out of consciousness.

The act of sharing teatime around a “table” of any sort is helpful in summoning the lost memory, especially if the memory is particularly lost. In the mundane age, a conference call or video call might suffice.

When you’re finished, speak the summoning phrase:

“Now tell me something you remember, eyes are open, ears are hearing, something far away but nearing, something bubbling into view, something gone made now and new.”

The original ritual depicted the misplaced memory being summoned physically inside a spheroid shape, though it may have been an artistic elaboration. Modern practitioners have claimed seeing glimpses of memories in their tea but no such claims have been substantiated.

This ritual may bring a sense of comfort but has yet to be perfected as an actual spell here in the mundane.

• Pieced together from numerous sources. As with all materials in The Athenaeum, you view and perform them at your own risk. There is no such thing as magic without consequence.
15 Likes

I’m brewing as we speak.

11 Likes

Making tea now

I suppose we will need a conference call then

6 Likes