Favorite Fantasy Novels

I have not but I will definitely look into it!

4 Likes

Well, technically, it IS the first book in the timeline at least. I bought a few of the books at the same time and at one point I moved on to the next, started reading and something seemed off. Well, turns out I almost skipped a whole book.

4 Likes

Yeah that tends to cause you to get a little lost, although when writing I accidently skipped nearly 4 chapters and confused my friends!

4 Likes

I just thought of another series that I thoroughly enjoyed, this one being ā€˜The Mortal Instrumentsā€™ by Cassandra Clare.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s another great one. I think I finished it but Iā€™ve never read her other series.

5 Likes

I liked those ones. The prequel series was the best to me. I found the characters were more dimensional and I could better feel what thy were feeling. The original series I read for a bit and then fell off around the third book.

4 Likes

The only ones that Iā€™ve read are in the same universe.

4 Likes

Jem was essentially my favorite character from any of her works. Although I feel more closely connected with Julian Blackthorn from ā€˜The Dark Artificesā€™ (most of the time atleast)

3 Likes

The Lioness Quartet was my favorite series as a kid. Alanna really made me like the idea of being atypical in regards to gender roles.

9 Likes

city of bones, ash and glass were decent, but i loved the clockwork series. Clockwork prince, i think it was? i ended on that cause i lost interest, but it had an awesome storyline.

5 Likes

As we were just discussing in another section of the bookish thread, The Infernal Devices (Clockwork Prince, Princess, etc.) were some of the best iā€™ve read!

3 Likes

Has anyone read any Terry Pratchett? I have almost all 40 of the Discworld books. They never fail to cheer me up.

10 Likes

I loved the darker turn it took.

4 Likes

Iā€™d definitely be down to discuss more books and stuff with any and all of you later but I need my sleep so I shall see you all tomorrow!
But yes the darker turn was amazing! Sorry for using your comment as a springboard to hop off lol!

5 Likes

totally fine. have a good rest!

4 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

oooh. terry pratchet. I cant say i have. Any recommendations, besides diskworld?

5 Likes

He co-wrote Good Omens with Neil Gaiman. You donā€™t really have to read all 40 books sequentially. Some characters might be the protagonists in a few books and then just show up as background characters in others. Pyramids, The Truth, Small Gods, and Monstrous Regiment are pretty stand-alone but happen on Discworld. Going Postal and Making Money go together and are quite hilarious. A very short read that mocks bureaucracy of corporate culture by comparing it to hell is basically Eric. All very good choices.

8 Likes

hmhm. maybe ill read up on them at some point. Thanks.

4 Likes

Good Omens :deirdreexcited:

I read it on my 19th birthday after finding it at the library. Am excited to see the adaptation, though should probably read it again before I get to start watching itā€¦

8 Likes