Dice Appreciation Thread

They’re very you. Unsurprising that Nim’s aesthetic embodied Magiq from the beginning. :blush:

10 Likes

Got some new dice for Christmas!!! These where my Dad’s Morfar’s so definitely 80+ years :cjheart:

Edit: Morfar was born in 1880’s so might be closer to 100 years

13 Likes

Oh wow!!! Look at those! I can almost feel how heavy they are in my hand just from a glance, impressive! :blossom:

6 Likes

They’re not small either! Gonna clean them up and repaint the pips

6 Likes

They’re beautiful!

6 Likes

Oh wow… Those are imposing!!

8 Likes

Oh my goodness,
So many pretty dice :heart_eyes:
I will have to remember to snap some pictures of my (and my husbands) dice collections at some point to share in the dice love.
I’ve been splurging rather a lot on Kraken of late, and the shipping to here is awful :weary: but they are all so pretty. So if anyone knows of glittery dice that don’t coast the earth, do make suggestions here :sweat_smile:
Also tiny dice…that may be another weakness of mine :joy:

7 Likes

Just a quick pic of my dice…

10 Likes

I like your 3 headed dice guardian.

7 Likes

Ooooh, so many! Must be a nightmare to sort, if there’s even a pattern to them. Do you buy them in sets, or do you go to stores and get individual ones? Or maybe buy odds-n-ends bulk bags? :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

All of the above. Sometimes I just need more dice…
Okay, a lot of the time I need more dice.

But in my defense, I’ve been collecting these for over 35 years…
My very first, color in the numbers, dice set are in there somewhere.

6 Likes

I’d been telling myself that I didn’t have an excuse to buy dice (even though I’ve been really wanting the shiny clicky-clacky math rocks)…but this weekend I played my first D&D session (virtually, using the digital dice rolling on DND Beyond)…just a one-shot, but now I’m thinking I can/should get some nice dice to commemorate that character…I’m fine, this is fine :joy:

9 Likes

Totally get your own dice! Nothing like the feel.

5 Likes

The temptation to get new dice for each character is a Problem. :laughing: I still really want a bone or gemstone set, but haven’t been able to justify it to myself…yet…

9 Likes

There’s no problem the sound of shaking a nice full dice bag can’t fix, or so they say :cherry_blossom:

7 Likes