Dice Appreciation Thread

Hey guys! I decided not to possibly derail the D&D thread and took @Alissiya’s suggestion to make a new one for dice.

I’ve already got a pretty big collection that I’ll post at some point, but I’m particularly proud of these recent acquisitions below that were all traded for (with other dice).

I was invited by my friend into a small annual dice trading get-together she does with her other friends, and was able to bargain for those from different people.

Is a dice trading group a thing anywhere else???

18 Likes

I’d be kinda skeptical about dice trading. but I am superstitious about my dice. i’ll let people borrow them, but not some of my special sets. the ones that work best for me.

9 Likes

I’ve not heard of any dice trading groups, but it seems like an intriguing idea! Personally I prefer to only have full sets, so I’d be trading set for set (or finally palming off all my set-less dice…) if I were to do it! It’s an intriguing concept. I’ve got a biggol collection myself, over 200 (that’s where I gave up on counting because I got tired… I’d hazard a guess that there’s at least 50 more) individual dice, I’ll post pics sometime! :cherry_blossom:

Also this looks like a fantastic haul Nimueh! I love the blue ones and the metal ones… those shimmery turquoise boys are fantastic too, and the purple d6s! :blossom:

12 Likes

my collection! I love the pistachio green/blue coloured dice in particular.

14 Likes

Ooh, these are fantastic!! I love the box as well, that’s really nice :blossom:

9 Likes

18 Likes

I like all the dice so far! I don’t have too many, but these are the ones I use for D&D.

My favourite are the ones in my dice box. They were from a kickstarter I found a couple years back, but they totally fit the D&D theme.

14 Likes

Oh wow, I adore those! Potion bottle lookin fellas… I’m a big fan of what I assume is the d6?The speckled ones are lovely too!! Everyone’s got such fantastic dice! :cherry_blossom:

6 Likes

I only have one set: my best friend gave me these when he introduced me to tabletop DnD. I’d played DnD-based videogames before (NWN, NWN2) for years. These are my very first set of real dice, though. They have incredible sentimental value because of whom they are from.

18 Likes

They’re beautiful! And the sentimental value is important too. I love these so much! This is an absolute dream thread :cherry_blossom:

10 Likes

Okay, pre-sorting photo… As you can imagine, this is gonna take some time to sort, I’ll post again when I’m done! :cherry_blossom:

14 Likes

Okay, here we go… Prepare for a lot of dice!

My whole collection!!

These are my metal lads… The gold one is alone because gold is expensive and I am poor

I bought these d6s specifically for shadowrun (my character is green! So green dice) but we haven’t gotten to play yet

Here’s the ones that are solo, and there are my rainbow and white boys who didn’t quite fit in the circle (but I love them nonetheless) as well as my tiny boys

Tiny boy next to regular sized boy! And finally, have some aesthetics

Hope this post wasn’t too long for you all! :cherry_blossom:

24 Likes

:heart_eyes: :spiritseergimme:

6 Likes

That is…too beautiful :sob:

7 Likes

I am the dice master, trained in the secret arts of diceomancy! Also collecting dice is far cheaper than collecting gemstones but gives a very similar sense of satisfaction… Pretty click-clacks make my heart feel whole :blossom:

10 Likes

Holy moly Bean! That’s a beautiful collection, especially all arranged like that!

8 Likes

Thank you! Two years of dnd and bad spending decisions got me to where I am… That and a few gifts (All the metal ones were gifts from my parents! One of the boxed ones was from an ex and my brother got me a few sets too) :blossom:

EDIT: Arranging dice is also very soothing and a great way to kill time :cherry_blossom:

9 Likes

You really like blue, dont you xD

6 Likes

At least half of those blue-toned ones are purple but my phone camera doesn’t like picking up purple… But also blue is very good. Ocean colours! :blossom:

9 Likes

I love all the dice that has been posted!! Especially @SabineBean’s collection :eyes: definitely rivals mine…for now…

I can probably post my full collection later today, but for now look at this d20 spinner ring I got!

I took my chance when I saw them being sold in an expo - wanted to get the alignment one instead but I’m very happy with this classic one too. :)

12 Likes