Cloud Gazing

I was thinking this might be a good place to share observations about, well, this whole thing, really. There aren’t a lot of us right now, but that might be nice. Anyone know anything about Navimancy?

3 Likes

Some Weathwatchers, when we can get them to sit down for more than 5 minutes, have stated that it’s related to navigation but it had more magical uses than simply finding your way. Sadly our records are very thin on the Magiqs of Weatherwatch, thanks to their constant travel.

7 Likes

Because there’s not much information on them, it is often up to the community to discover what these magiqs are. Theories are HIGHLY encoraged as they help us flesh out our world and knowledge of the guilds.

4 Likes

Don’t know what your talking about Vic :joy: Navimancey is a little bit tricky to get a hang of at the start because it takes you off to where you’re needed instead of where you want to go (ended up having to guide a group of female Emperor penguins back to their male counterparts in Antartica :confounded: Hate the cold) but basically it guides you through your destination in a wide mannor of ways wether it’s cloud formations, tree branches pointing the way or even a flame blowing into the wind! You have to look out for a wide variety of things and that’s why it’s usually a bit tricky at the start :grin:

9 Likes

Honestly, Navimancy is not my strong suit. But Languidimensional Touch is so much fun and pretty handy. Best to be careful with it though. Every once in awhile you might lose something to another dimension. With that being said it can be helpful to weaken something’s hold on this dimension.

5 Likes

I think perhaps some of these abilities, specifically Navimancy and the Silver Tongues of Kalivar, appear in different forms for different people. For instance, when I try to use Navimancy, I often just get a small glowing compass needle which appears in my palm. It doesn’t point to the North, or in the same direction more than once for me. But I do agree, it seems to send me towards where I’m needed rather than where I want to go most of the time, @Skylad!

7 Likes

I’m glad there’s a bit of a conversation going on! I kind of lost track of time. Haven’t been at my computer for a couple days. Places to see, people to do, you know how it is.

@Skylad I definitely feel like I’m led where I’m needed more often than not, but… Yeah, I dunno. It’s sort of innate, isn’t in? I don’t get that cool compass that @Remus gets. I just sort of find my way.

@Nyrlatoep Could you elaborate a little? Sorry, I’m not great with extradimensional thinking, dream realms excluded. That sounds like it could come in handy whenever. I lose things all the time, could that be part of it?

Anyway, I know the Silver Tongues of Kavilar are super useful, especially when you’ve got a lot of reason for it. Keep the chatter up, you guys! This stuff is fascinating!

4 Likes

Losing your keys is a great example of it happening by accident!
It’s sorta like the true Magiq version of hiding a coin in your hand. Now granted that’s just what i have used it for.
I’ve heard some stories about pulling objects from other dimensions. Fair warning i did it with a beer one time and i have no idea where the blasted thing went.

5 Likes

Languidimensional Touch is very fascinating to me. I do however agree with @Nyrlatoep, if done incorrectly or carelessly: the result could range from being inconvenient to just straight up dangerous. But of course, that has never stopped me personally. When it comes to my travels I want to see everything, even the things outside of our universe. Therefore this ability has been a big thing for me.

When it comes Navimancy and our own personal compass, I agree that in our haste to travel and move everywhere: we want to go to certain places: but then at times we forget where we need to be.

Of course, that is only some of the time. We’re Weatherwatch, most of the time where ever we go is where we want to be.

11 Likes

What are everyone’s experiences with Unanchored? I’ve used it a couple of times to float slightly off the ground so I don’t have to walk, but I’ve heard that some people have used it to fly independently. Anyone have a first-hand experience with this?

6 Likes

It is great when you want to travel quickly. I mostly use it as a teleportation method if anything. But learning how to “aim” is tricky.

7 Likes

Random Thornie here. I once saw someone use it to make a heavy box float across a room. Supposedly it was eisier than pushing it, but it seemed to float rather aimlessly and needed a handful of people to keep it from crashing into objects or floating away altogether. I thought I saw a slight shimmer in the air around the box, but I’m not certain.

6 Likes

If it was filled with wine that was probably me Sel :joy::joy: “If something is too hard there is probably an easier way to do it” I also use it while hang gliding to give me extra airtime

8 Likes

Hey, @Weatherwatch, I’m thinking of writing another piece on our guild affinities, but I want to get an idea of how you guys think of the two affinities I’m thinking about writing about. The two I’m thinking about are “Torchminder” and “The Swift Tongues of Kalivar.” So, everyone, what do you think these do?

8 Likes

I’m working on Fall Watch… The Tongues of Kalivar would be cool

7 Likes

Oooo, I’m really excited to read about it! Do you have any ideas about what the Tongues do? How about you, @WarriorRose and @Furia (Also this is totally open to anyone outside of Weatherwatch as well. Feel free to share what you think as well)?

8 Likes