C.J.'s Journal

Going through old marketing materials, I found this today:

I don’t know… I think it still holds up. Is it weird that it gave me goosebumps?

15 Likes

My heart beat fast watching it. Its like a heist movie almost

7 Likes

That was so dramatic omg
I was like I wanna know what happens and then was like wait … I experienced what happened …

9 Likes

Yeah, it was definitely extra. And then people signed up to find us all benignly drinking memory tear and encouraging each other to try our best.

9 Likes

It makes me so insanely happy to see you all creating and interacting in these journals.

The past month has been quite a trial, but I’m finally out of the woods:

• The Book of Briars is, at last, complete. And I can finally start telling the story I’ve wanted to tell for five years. Once I have a last read-through and format the print versions, I’ll be fulfilling all the hardcover pre-orders! Ackerly Green’s first hardcover!

• The Briar Society: Chapter One adaptation is also finished and will be released this Friday! (You can pre-order it here if you’re so inclined) I’m really excited about this adaptation because it’s the first one with images!

• The alpha version of the Neithernor RPG handbook is also finished and goes on sale next week!

It’s the “alpha” version because it doesn’t have finished imagery or more importantly your thoughts and input on how it plays!

We’re going to make changes to the handbook throughout the year and deliver the final version, with your input, in the fall. There will be several purchasing options. You can buy just the current (500+ page) alpha handbook for .99, a version with the alpha and all subsequent updates including the final product, for $4.99, as well as paperback + complete digital and limited hardcover + complete digital.

Not to be all sales pitchy in my journal, but that’s just what I’ve been up to behind the scenes.

We went to the Oregon coast last week since the kids were out of school for spring break, and I was running on the beach with our pup Henry and had a nasty fall. Today’s the first day I’m feeling any real improvement, and I should hear back today from my doctor if I fractured a rib or just bruised one really, really bad. :cjheart: The last (and only other) time I broke something was because I tried not to step on Ruby, so yes, my dogs want me dead.

Anyway, here’s the view from the house we rented last week:

15 Likes

Exciting news book-wise! Feel better soon.

6 Likes

I hope it’s not broken, but sometimes bruises are harder to heal. Take care of yourself.

What is purely selfish note, will BoB be released as a paperback?

7 Likes

Once I get all the hardcover orders out (some dating back to 2017!) I’ll be sure to get a paperback version in the works. I was at one point attempting to be a proper publishing company with a delayed hardcover to paperback strategy, but I can’t be bothered with that. :cjheart:

8 Likes

Two, two fractured ribs. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

I’m sorry, but my mind immediately followed those words with “Ah! Ah! Ah!”

(I have a 4-year old, all numbers are read in The Count’s voice)

8 Likes

That’s what I was going for! :cjheart: :vampire:

8 Likes

Must. Not. Get. More. Briarverse. Related. Tattoos.

16 Likes

Why not?

8 Likes

You know what, you make a good point. :cjheart:

7 Likes

I can’t wait to get my first. It probably won’t be for a while yet but I think the first tattoo I get will probably involve the Thornmouth logo. Also I second Fox’s why not? It’s a beautiful design.

7 Likes

I’m thinking about turning my semi-colon tattoo into a quarter or half sleeve with a literary theme. The AG keyhole is absolutely going to be part of that when it happens.

7 Likes

:spiritseergimme: yes, yes, yes!

6 Likes

My job is so weird. I have an idea for a tattoo I want, but I have to wait for the right time because it’s a spoiler. :roll_eyes: :cjtea:

15 Likes

It’s only a spoiler if you show it to us.

8 Likes

Who do you think I’d want to show it to first?!

9 Likes