Brandon Lachmann: The Fourth Fragment: General

Agreed. If we have members who can be there, then rather not bug him more than we already have. Still, never hurts to know your options.

3 Likes

For those of you who haven’t checked the “Tiles” Sub-Topic, @TheBellsAreRinging got the correct combination for the tiles, and the second beacon has been lit. 3 more “Encounter” sheets have been posted with todays date amongst the others. And they seem to have our next puzzle within. (Sorry if I stole your thunder Bells, I am just too excited)

5 Likes

Haha no problem @Brendon, you gave me credit :smiley:

3 Likes

Also, @Crytter found the actual location of the second beacon, which is The Beresford. (Bere=Barley and Ford=Wade.)

3 Likes

sorry I had to go quiet for midterms but I’m back.

@TheBellsAreRinging your runic language might not be actual Norse. I can double check the translation. When I get home but it looks suspiciously like dwarven from a dungeon masters guide which was based on Norse.

Also if it is Norse then runes are more like Japanese kanji than anything else containing several possible meanings in each character.

Possibly unrelated Fun fact: the word closest to rune in definition is arcanum or mystery.

2 Likes

I think it has been confirmed by @Endri here SOLVED: Lachmann: The Fourth Fragment: Third Beacon - #3 by Endri White that the translation in indeed ‘Mask of Ojorad’.
BTW, I emailed The Devoted asking about the Mask and its relation to the poem and the beacons.
Edit: credit goes to @Revenir, @Brendon and @TheBellsAreRinging IMO. Nice team solve everybody!

3 Likes

Alright, great job all you… peeps! Mountaineers! Dudes! Whatever!
We successfully figured out the Polaroid puzzle (as far as we know).
http://forum.ackerlygreen.com/t/lachmann-the-fourth-fragment-third-beacon/185/14?u=thebellsareringing

However as @YankeeWhite found, there is also this sculpture that could be the “six legged king” (which is a lot more likely than what I suggested)
@Tom also found The Ramble, which could also be “the roundabout”, since rambling means basically talking in circles.

All in all though, @Tom also figured that the Wyvern that @Leigha found on the Belvedere Castle, is the third beacon, and has already emailed the devoted, whose response we await!
Go team! We made it before 3:33!

5 Likes

To be honest with you all, its such a relief we figured it out in time, and with time to spare. I can finally relax and focus on other stuff. Solving magic puzzle sure does take a lot of blood, sweat, and tears! More so tears and sweat, not blood haha. But what I’m concerned with now, is the 4th beacon, and what’s gonna happen after we solve it (hopefully in time). For now though, things are okay. We all did a really great job! Treat yourself to a nice cheesy taco, or, if you are lactose intolerant, some candies! :smiley:

8 Likes

@TheBellsAreRinging, you are my spirit animal. :taco::candy:

5 Likes

Lol thanks @Endri :smiley:

3 Likes

So @Tom what did they say?

3 Likes

Okay just got the email:

The third beacon has been activated.
One beacon remains.
Cover your eyes to see its light.
More help has been provided.
You are now on the timeline.
The clock will reset.

3 Likes

Yes!! Great job everybody!! I am so happy I just jumped for joy haha

4 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Lachmann: The Fourth Fragment: Fourth Beacon

yikes! i missed so much while i was sick :sweat:

4 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better @luxisdead !

2 Likes

Posting this here as well -

The fourth and final beacon has been activated.
The new countdown has begun.
Follow the beacon’s lights to locate the traveler’s disc.
The disc led us to new materials.
We are ahead.
We will share the materials only if you find the disc.
The Timeline must be kept at all costs.

The Devoted - 102986

4 Likes

Yes! Good job Willow

4 Likes

Nicely done everyone!! I am posting an updated map below with all four beacons on it. The e-mail says to follow the beacon’s lights, so maybe this will help

2 Likes

Here it is. Almost looks like an arrow pointing somewhere.

3 Likes