Book Shop News

I’m so excited to see the old green BoB cover on my shelf :sob:

11 Likes

Today is a good day! My candles arrived this afternoon!!! Currently burning Deirdre, though I have had to put it inside my old Magiq container as it seems the bottom of the jar was broken in transit.

9 Likes

Oh no! So sorry about that. Wow, its journey must have been a particularly rugged one to break with all that packing material. Let me know if you run into any issues with it burning post breakage, if you want a replacement, or if you’d just like a Deirdre label to cover the Magiq label!

7 Likes

It’s all good! It’s burning well and fits perfectly in the old jar! Tbh, the extra jar is only really to stop melted wax from going everywhere. On closer inspection of the box, I can clearly see that one corner seems to have taken a decent hit, so that’s probably the source.

On the plus, really loving how sweet and fruity Deirdre is!

9 Likes

Even though I’m part of the LGBTQ+ community, I’ve never done queer-specific/queer-pride merchandise for Pride month, or in general, simply because I didn’t want it to feel like I was trying to hop on the capitalist bandwagon that roles in every June.

I saw a funny video online last night about queer people being targeted in the month of June by companies that don’t normally seem all that interested in us and it made me laugh, but also got me thinking… I DO care about queer culture and the LGBTQ+ fam, I’ve made a promise to myself to be more public and open about my progressive, liberal stances, and Ackerly Green is not only queer-owned but adamantly inclusive of marginalized groups in both community and narrative.

Which got me asking… Why DON’T I have queer-related merchandise?!

And why don’t I use that merch to donate to causes like Outright International to help advocate for and protect queer people around the world?

So, anyway, I cranked out some designs last night (see below) and I’m really happy with them.

Here are a couple of bold “Filled” guild badges with the Gay Men’s flag and the Trans flag:

And simpler “Outlined” examples with a Balimora Lesbian flag and a Flinterforge Straight Ally flag:

Pride Shirts

Instead of creating an option for every pride flag (there’s a lot of them), I’m going to put a 2021 Pride Shirt and Tank Top up in the shop this week with design examples and if you want one, just pick your guild, size, shirt color, and then let me know which pride flag you’d like by leaving a note in the comment field during checkout.

I’ll hand-design it for you, send the design for you to sign off on, and get it to you in time for June!

Now when I say #guildpride in June, I really mean it. :cjheart:

19 Likes

awwwww man, here i go using the community fellowship

8 Likes

Ugh you’ve no idea how refreshing it is to hear other people acknowledge that seeing Pride merch suddenly everywhere in the month of June is usually just a way to make money off a group that wouldn’t normally be consumers at most of those businesses.

It’s also vastly different in my books when it’s queer creators making Pride merch, because it’s members of the community celebrating that community.

So like yes big business in the WORST usually, and I very much dislike buying Pride merch that way.

But also shut up and take all of my money.

I can’t believe you made custom designs off the guild badges!! That’s amazing!! That you also made one for allies is chef’s kiss we love to see it :eaveshug: I’m so excited :cjheart:

13 Likes

Also:

It’s me.

17 Likes

Can I double like something? Hahahahaha

8 Likes

I’m literally in the middle of downsizing my wardrobe why do you do this to me :sob:
Also would you consider some designs with a fade between the colours? Both for aesthetic reasons and becasue its subtler for those of us who aren’t out to everyone in real life yet.

11 Likes

I’m making each one custom so absolutely!

9 Likes

In case you didn’t know, the brand new guild pins are finally in the shop, they’re under $10, and they fall under the same flat rate shipping I have for all pins and buttons.

ALSO, I still have a few of the original pins, which haven’t been in the shop for a couple years. If I still have the old guild-specific pin in stock, I’ll pop one in with the new one!

Also, did I mention that I love the PNW? I can take these pins and my camera out to my front yard and get these shots.

IMG_1189 IMG_1193 IMG_1196 IMG_1213 IMG_1214 IMG_1227

Aren’t they beauties?! I’m so proud of them.

13 Likes

I’m really excited to get mine! I love the double-backing, as pins and buttons tend to go missing from my backpack otherwise :grimacing:

10 Likes

When you say things like this to Mounties with candle problems, it is just unfair. I do not want to read where this convo went even though I have been happily reading about the shop and candlemaking for the past hour between doing small amounts of work.

Edited: I have to stop reading my goblin brain is screaming to buy all the shiny, smelly, magiqy things.

7 Likes

OMG, @LoliOwar! The candles are all WONDERFUL!

Yep. You’re gonna need to get them… :wink:

7 Likes

Off work now to read the rest of the thread and hide my cards.

5 Likes

I’m an enabler. :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

I see this but I need the next books first and I have a super special trip coming up that I must do all the savings for. If you arent careful ABN may come bop us both out of our candle musings.

5 Likes

I saw ads on Facebook for the shirts!

…but they redirect to the 404 page when I try to view the listing in the proper AG non-Facebook shop. :confused:

7 Likes

Yeah, Facebook takes it upon itself to create ads for new products, even if they’re private and I haven’t launched them yet. :roll_eyes: But they’re going live today! Had to work out some kinks with the customization!

14 Likes