Ascender's Funeral

6 HST as in Herman Standard time (aka Eastern), @Cj_Heighton

11 Likes

I could stand for the flinters, i should be home and available.
Given my interest in artifice and magiqal crafting…
(i still need to craft my quiver)

Though i can also be an Ebbie Alternate.

8 Likes

Have we decided on 6 pm Friday for sure, or no? The poll isn’t closed so I’m not sure what’s going on…

6 Likes

You’re right, Viv :exclamation:
I totally forgot to close the poll, it’s been kind of a crazy week. That being said, does Friday work best for the people that have already told me they are available to come? I don’t want to keep changing dates around on everyone, but a time when everyone who wants to attend and is able to would be ideal.

9 Likes

It looks like Weekday Evening has overtaken Friday night…

6 Likes

I just noticed that. That must have changed yesterday, because the day prior Friday had a pretty decent lead.

7 Likes

Also, can you clarify dates? I can’t tell if you mean Friday like tomorrow (the 13th) or Friday like next Friday?

7 Likes

Ye it might not be too good to do it on Friday the 13th :joy:

5 Likes

Might be perfect to do it on Friday the 13th! :smile::four_leaf_clover:

8 Likes

Well, depending on what time you’re calling “evening” would depend on if I can make it. Timezones suck…

6 Likes

Oh dear, I didn’t even realize it was gonna be the thirteenth.

Would it work better if we had it next Friday at maybe seven or eight HST?
That would be early afternoon for our UK friends.

10 Likes

That’d be easier for me, too

7 Likes

Yeah, I could stand for Flinter next Friday (the 20th) if we do it then. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

7 or 8 AM or PM?

9 Likes

Any Friday works for me really. Are we settled on next week then and not tomorrow?

8 Likes

Yes, so it’ll be next week at seven pm HST.

17 Likes

Okay, just for clarity’s sake, I’ve closed the poll. Friday the 20th at 7:00 p.m. EDT (Is there Herman Daylight time, also? :thinking:)

@Saberlane, I also added this as an event on the Reader calendar, if that’s okay. We’ve put holidays there before, and I feel like the Memorial is worth noting, in case people who haven’t checked the Forum recently see and want to stand witness.

17 Likes

So. Today’s the day! 7:00 PM (19:00 if you’re using a 24 hr converter) Eastern Daylight time, since we’re still on Daylight Savings in the States for the most part (is there Herman Daylight Time?)
@OracleSage, are we doing candles/flames this time, or just speaking the words? I know this was sort of a spell when we did it for Itsuki, but with the state of Magiq right now I’m a bit worried something will go wrong. Maybe that’s silly, I dunno.

13 Likes

I see the sendoff as a more a ritual than a spell, and if it does require magiq I imagine only briefly before sending it back into the Earth.

11 Likes

I hope it’s alright if a new person also attends. I didn’t get to know Ascender, but I know he was a big part of why we even have this place and I want to say my thanks.

14 Likes