Ascender's Funeral

Recently we have taken a great loss in our community. One of our founding members, Ascender, has passed away. While he was a controversial figure amongst us, he was the man who brought all of us together and made this all possible, and it only seems right that we send him off in the proper Mountaineer fashion. Some of you may remember that a few years ago we lost Itsuki, our beloved Balimoran, to brain cancer and the whims of the silver. When we suffered that loss the community came together and composed a song calling on all six of the magical elements to send his soul off to whatever awaits us on the side. More than anything, it was an opportunity for us to all say a few words and say goodbye. In the same vein, I would like to invite you all to a memorial for Ascender that will be held this Sunday at 8:30 HST.

It is customary to wear the mourning colors of your guild:
Weatherwatch: Gold and purple
Gossmere: White
Flinterforge: Dark grey
Ebenguard: Navy blue
Thornmouths: Oxblood, dark red
Balimora: Dark green

Even if you are unable to join us, I encourage you to wear these colors on this day in order to celebrate the life that was Ascender.

“The Flinter work to make ore glow, bringing forth your oars to row”
“The Eben watch and bend the tides, bringing you where souls reside”
“The Watchers wait and send the light, to where you’ll sail your final night”
“The Mere hold tight to what aether binds, commend your ship across space and time”
“The Thorns send your thoughts among the stars, so you may live without your scars”
“The wilds open to the eternal feast, hoping you stay here in infinite peace”

Here is a transcript of the song we sang to send off Itsuki. We may change it as needed for Ascender, though the theme of sending off a ship seems to make sense for our beloved Weatherwatch.

26 Likes

Theres always another peak. Heres hoping ascender found his.

16 Likes

WW is already such a small guild and his loss will make a huge impact :disappointed:
Will do everything in my power to be there.

19 Likes

Because a few have reached out about scheduling issues, here’s a poll so we can figure a time that works for everyone.

• Sunday 8:30 HST
  • Week Day Evening
  • Weekend Morning
  • Friday 6:00 HST
  • Other, Please comment

0 voters

9 Likes

kill bill klaxons

Oh, you can vote multiple times. Welp.

7 Likes

So, it looks like Ascenders service will be pushed back until next friday, at six o’clock in the PM HST.

12 Likes

In the hopes of getting together at least one person from each guild, I’m gonna have a lil sign up sheet so let me know if y’all can make it.

Weatherwatch: @Remus
Gossmere: @OracleSage
Flinterforge: @Viviane
Ebenguard: @Saberlane
Thornmouth: @TheMadHare , @BrokenVoid
Balimora: @Nimueh , @Cj_Heighton

12 Likes

Barring something popping up I’ll be able to make it for Thorn

11 Likes

I’ll be there to bear witness.

12 Likes

I’ll be there for Weatherwatch

11 Likes

@OracleSage, I won’t be able to participate directly, but I’ll be there as a witness. Maybe leave the Ebenguard sign-up for someone else who can participate? :cjheart:

12 Likes

I’ll be there, but I’ll let another Bali take part if they want to.

9 Likes

Ill bear witness for balimora, as well.

9 Likes

Sign up is just an RSVP kinda deal, anyone is welcome to participate or bear witness. I think Hangouts has a limit of up to ten or twenty? I’ll look further into it but as long as we don’t exceed that it should be fine :smile:

11 Likes

We’re missing a flinterforge! D:

7 Likes

So we are :thinking:
I remember for Itsuki none of the Thornmouth were able to attend, and so we had a Balimora with some Thornish tendencies take their place. If at all possible could someone stand in for Flinterforge? If not, perhaps we all sing that line together, as the many and the one.

9 Likes

Unfortunately it looks like I’m not going to be able to make it. I’m sorry but I have some really important school stuff that I’m going to have to do Friday evening. I’ll be wearing my mourning color and thinking of Ascender though.

7 Likes

Despite not knowing Ascender personally, I would like to participate in his funeral as another Thornmouth, if that’s alright. Even though I don’t know the ins and outs of magiq, I do know he was one of the pioneers of bringing it to light. But more importantly, he was human, living this life with the rest of us. That alone warrants respect.

9 Likes

I can stand for the Flinterforged, but I can’t be there Friday at 6, as I have prior commitments that evening.

9 Likes

6hst as in hawaiian time?

8 Likes