About the Fragment Twelve category

What if “Bethany” to do with the place? There’s the city in the New Testement that was supposed to be the home of Mary, Martha, and Lazarus. There’s a whole section on the etymology of “Bethany”. Could the numbers be references to a sections a book like it appears in this?

2 Likes

Did the image on the original page of http://www.fletcherdawson.com catch anyones eye? I thought it looked familiar so I did a reverse image search on it and came up with this. The first one is the site. The second one is what the search came up with. Am I the only one that thinks they look an awful lot like keys?

I followed the image back to a site and ended up here. “if this sign is carried, one will never lose one’s way in storms or bad weather, even when the way is not known”

5 Likes

Brilliant! So this is meant to guide us through the storm!! And hopefully restore the book if briars!!!

4 Likes

I tried adding “vegvísir” to the end of the book and Fletcher’s site and no luck :confused:

3 Likes

If it is keys, maybe something will pop up soon…there would be three keys on the image, and I’m guessing we got one key for each assessment if we got one this time…I can’t say I have any idea what to do at the moment, but I’m interested to see what comes of this…

2 Likes

Ye I found this out on the other thread
http://forum.ackerlygreen.com/t/solved-phase-3-assessment-fletcher-dawson/1142/273?u=rimor
We reckon it will help us weather the “storm”.

2 Likes

On the first page of the site it says “You must find the four enchanted items Fletcher Dawson has hidden in cities around the world”. Are these enchanted items the sword, shield, helmet and breastplate or are they the four items we found on his site?

2 Likes

I think Galifanx (shield), Gladitor (sword), Durkonos (helmet), and Aorthora (armor) were the enchanted items we had to find to unlock the page.

3 Likes

Just thinking out loud here:
Do any of you think it could be significant that in ‘future works’, it only shows half of the chronocompass? Maybe his future work is to do with only the top half?

2 Likes

But it shows a full image when you open it. Are you sure it’s not just a display error?

1 Like

Yeah it may well be a display error! It’s just another strain of thought i guess!

2 Likes

Dawn of the future? Like you said it only shows the top half and the top half could be a sun rise. As it’s under future work then you could say it’s the dawn of the future. This totally tinfoil hat stuff but there might be something there

2 Likes

Guys, maybe we should move all Fletcher Dawson discussion back over to the Fletcher Dawson thread?

2 Likes

Or make a separate thread for him as the other thread was about the third assessment and this thread is for discussing everything we found

1 Like

I feel like it’s significant that it’s not identical to a vegvisir though, since the vertical line is missing. If a compass is missing cardinal directions, can we still use it to navigate? (Though I don’t think Fletcher Dawson is malicious or anything like that, at worst I worry we may be misled following a “broken compass”.) Maybe we’re on the right path, but we’re still missing something vital before we can “weather the storm”.

(Sorry if this isn’t in the right place I wasn’t quite sure if a new thread was actually being made or not.)

3 Likes

The Joradian Non-Material Safeguard is based on Jorad’s Nordic Hearth and Home Protectory - given they both have Scandanavian origins, it stands to reason that similar sigil-work would be present in the symbolic representation of the spell. They were both developed by ancient Viking seidr practitioners, if not each by old Jorad himself.

2 Likes

So this symbol might help us get through the storm- either protecting us or fixing the book somehow. Maybe there’s some way to combine it with something else we already have to show us where to go next? If it is like a compass. Maybe the missing line being added would have some effect? (I have no idea what use any of these ideas would be, just want to put them out there)

2 Likes

I think they are only loosely related. Fun fact: The Icelandic musician Björk has Vegvisir tattooed on her person! Feel free to use it in a similar personal manner, but I don’t think it is what we’re looking for to weather the Storm as a group or restore the Book of Briars.

2 Likes

With the vegvisir-esque symbol and it only having six prongs instead of eight: maybe it’s six prongs for the six guilds.

2 Likes

More likely the six elements (light, aether, ore, tides, thought and wild). Each guild is represented by an element, but since we don’t really know exactly how old the guilds are, it would lead to a “chicken or egg” argument.

I think the elements predate the guilds as we know them, given Ted Fallon wrote that the ancient Etruscan archway Kemetic Solutions was using to try to open an “emergent” gateway had symbols of the six elements on it. These have probably been used by variety of cultures in maqiq since antiquity, like with Jorad’s use.

3 Likes