About the Fragment Twelve category

The place to discuss Fragment Twelve and The Third Assessment

4 Likes

So we ā€˜solvedā€™ the fragment, and passed the assessment. Now we have a key and a burned Book of Briars.

On top of that we have some random other info that hasnā€™t yet made clear itā€™s significance ie. The Roman numerals.
Also this Fletcher person wanting to help us.

Did I miss anything?

So where do we start Mounties?

My first thought would be to see if the Book can be repaired or if it is a spell like many have theorized, finding a way to see if the magiq is still intact and if we can still use it?
Or investigate this Fletcher Dawson person and see if they can aid us at all?
Iā€™m not sure, just wanted to get some discussion rolling.

2 Likes

Itā€™s going to be hard to find this Fletcher Dawson guy as the contact section on his site doesnā€™t work. Most of my searches for him have pulled up nothing either. Who ever he is he really doesnā€™t want to be found. Is it possible to ask Deidre or Sumners is they know anything?

Link to his site: Landing | Fletcher Dawson

2 Likes

Copied from the other thread:

Just for something that could be productive (or pointless poking around), I started looking at the numbers as years and if anything possibly linked back to the clues or cities.

Nothing yet, but three of the four even years on there are leap years, and two of the animals in the picture are known for leaping, so maybe thatā€™s a thing?

3 Likes

Also copying from the other thread: the roman numerals on the image correspond to
1324, 1376, 1409, 1413
1416, 1627, 1647, 1654

3 Likes

I donā€™t know if this is significant but i found a tumblr:

2 Likes

So great to help out on my first assessment, but Iā€™m left wondering; why is the compass under ā€œfuture worksā€? What significance do the animals have? I remember reading that you guys have had something similar before with the numbers (I canā€™t remember when it was), but why there numbers and what is their importance?

Sorry, I donā€™t like unanswered questionsā€¦

3 Likes

Yes, thereā€™s a thread about Roman Numerals. I believe each assessment, as well as a couple of the fragments had roman numerals.

Edit: Hereā€™s the thread

http://forum.ackerlygreen.com/t/roman-numerals-a-cipher/1?source_topic_id=1142
In every case they are an increasing set of numbers. Each new set of fragments, including this one, keeps that direction.

Credit: @Robert over on - SOLVED: Phase 3 Assessment: Fletcher Dawson - #547 by Robert

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a question that I guess is mainly aimed at the people whoā€™ve been around here for a while. (Honestly itā€™s probably not the most important thing right now but eh.) The catterpillow story file is labelled ā€œThe Ant and the Catterpillow BETHANYā€. Has ā€œBETHANYā€ come up before? (I tried searching the forums and the Basecamp main website and didnā€™t see it, but I easily could have missed something.)

3 Likes

Full Tinfoil Hat Time:

I guess my question would be: How does Fletcher Dawson know about the Book of Briarsā€™ Assessments, specifically if the Storm has wiped out anyone who had tried to open it in the past? Also, how did he know that we, as a group, have met the third assessment, or rather, why is the third assessment housed off-site, where the other two were in the Magiq Guide?

Super crazy theory: Could Fletcher Dawson be the author of the Book of Briars? Have we been his ā€œFuture Workā€ all along?

4 Likes

I donā€™t know if this is repeating something that has previously happened, but maybe thereā€™s a spell we could use on the book? Alternatively, Iā€™m thinking maybe thereā€™s something that if we can find and put into the URL could fix the book? Because the Aorthora page still works, so maybe thereā€™s another that we havenā€™t found yet?

2 Likes

YES, I was really wondering that too. If I were to save a file, and use the name ā€˜Bethanyā€™ in the process, Iā€™m sure Bethany would be important in my life. Maybe Dawson had a daughter, to whom the book was written for called Bethany?

3 Likes

Never mind that post ^ I did the whole, misreading information thing again!

2 Likes

On this new set of pages or one of the earlier sets? For me, the new pages are just 5-6.pdf when I download them.

Unless this is one of those different-on-a-computer thingsā€¦

2 Likes

I think it changes when downloaded, but if you look on the new pages on the actual website before downloading them, you should see the title with Bethany on!

2 Likes

Phone doesnā€™t let me view before downloading, guess Iā€™ll have to check it out next time Iā€™m behind a desk. :+1:

2 Likes

Does anyone think that the movement of the animals night mean something? Like there arw accent lines clearly drawn for one bird going up, another down, the stag/deer to the right and the rabbit to the leftā€¦the fox or wolf doesnā€™t appear to have any movement lines

3 Likes

Also the keyā€¦a key is meant to unlock things right? Perhaps it is a key to the writing or perhaps the animal pic or even the compassā€¦ can someone whoā€™s tech savvy place the key on all of those and see if the holes match up to anything significant? A compass is meant to lead the way a key is meant to unlockā€¦so maybe trying it on the compass? Might not lead to any where but what harm could it hurt?

2 Likes

I asked about the key in the other thread and apparently itā€™s supposed to unlock the book or briar. Only problem is is that the book is currently out of action

2 Likes

Do we know anything about how to fix the book?

2 Likes