A Balimoran Gathering!

What kind of doll customization? I have a friend who used to run an antique doll restoration shop, and I’m fascinated by all things crafty!

4 Likes

Repainting and changing out the hair on ball jointed dolls, usually Monster High or Ever After High. So like I’ll strip off the factory paint and repaint the face, and use chalk pastels to blush the body and make it look realistic, and sometimes I’ll take the head off to fully remove the hair and replace it either with rerooting (all new hair inserted in the old hair plug holes) or a wig (wefts of hair stitched/glued into a cap shape).

6 Likes

Hello! I’m SirVanHoose but Jarred is my name feel free to call me as such, after all we are al friends here. I have been a member of the Balimora Guild ever since I first joined in 2017. I have been gone for a while but I never forgot this place. I’m sure very few of you remember me but that does not matter I’m back now and happy to be part of this again. Now a little bit about me, I am going to school for cultural anthropology and have finished my associates degree bit still have a long road ahead. I am a bit of a book worm ( if you have any book recommendations please let me know. I write story’s for my dnd group whom I play with often. That’s a simple summery of me, i’m sure we will all learn more about each other as we go along.

8 Likes

Howdy all. I’m Floradeana and was super excited to get placed in Balimora. I joined the forums a week or two ago and have really enjoyed how helpful, caring and interesting everyone is here. Still haven’t finished to first book yet because I got caught up in the forums and all the other sites that are mentioned in to first book. There is sooo much information to take in.
Growing up, I spent my summers at my grandparents where I grew to love nature by helping with the garden and observing nature. So this was definitely the best guild for me. I have a collection of house plants and pets as well.
In my spare time, I play video games (mostly just classic WoW), tend to my 3 pets (a dog, a cat and a bunny), take care of my super awesome plants, and watch way to much Youtube (GMM and Scishow are my faves). Other than that, I keep busy by being a mother, wife, part-time employ and college student (but took off this semester for my mental health).
Can’t wait to get to know more about you guys! :smiley:

9 Likes

So glad to have you here! Welcome!
Sounds like you keep very busy - I’m super proud of you for making sure to tend to your health. The world is crazy, and it’s hard to maintain the sane all the time. I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

7 Likes

Hi all, I’m Maj. I introduced myself in the main thread about a month ago and have mostly just been reading threads since, as much as I’m able to anyway. Life has been keeping me busy as I’m working on separating from the military to pursue my dream of working in wildlife (working on my fisheries and wildlife degree now). I’m married with 2 littles and love games (Sims 4 magic pack just came out!), making things, hiking, swimming, and pushing my limits.

12 Likes

I’m just about to pick up that Sims 4 pack! Been waiting on magic stuff of ages as I love making fantasy characters in the Sims (really miss The Sis Medieval).

9 Likes

Hello!
I’ve only been around for a week, but I feel like I’ve fallen into the rabbit hole (with no intention of trying to crawl back out). The assessment put me in Balimora, and I’ve found my bearing to be Verdurant. The descriptions feel spot on, and it seems especially apropos since my name is (really!) Fox.
If you need me, I’ll be curled up in the root structure of our tree with a good book.

11 Likes

Hello from the upper branches, friend! Where’re you at with our little story? Im assuming caught up if you managed the second section of the guide.

7 Likes

I’m finished reading all the available material so far, and I’m hopelessly hooked. I’m not quite at the level where I can interact fully, but I’m okay with watching things unfold =]

7 Likes

@Fox Same! I’m excited though. I plan on attending Ascender’s funeral, even if I can’t participate. It’s fun to watch stuff happening, but I want to be in on the mystery soon.

8 Likes

Hi I’m Juniperus. I’ve been on the forum for some time but haven’t done my introduction here. Bring sorted into Balimora seemed perfect for me, it was as if it spoke directly to me. I discovered my bearing as well which is Maelisorn and made me feel even more home here.

I’m an animal and nature lover, naturally an introvert. I love making and doing things with my hands: knitting, sewing, writing, gardening. I am a paediatric nurse which is a challenge as much as it is fun. Recently joined a local medieval club, it’s allowed me to be more social and hands on with making period clothing to wear for our events. I have also been learning a bit of archery!

Looking forward to getting to know you guys more and being able to participate in in-world stuff soon, lots of exciting things are happening there!

12 Likes

A medieval club sounds like so much fun!

7 Likes

It really is! My husband joined and got into the combat aspect of it (full armour, blunted swords) practicing different styles of medieval combat but since another female joined, we’ve been doing feasts, craft days (sewing, making armour, shields), learning old songs and dances so I’ve been more into that aspect of it

9 Likes

That sounds so fun! I love folk dance and I wish there was more of it in the world! That’s awesome that you’re bringing in the crafting aspects to the club. I’ve always enjoyed learning old crafting skills…I’ve been wanting to learn drop spindle and card weaving for ages.

9 Likes

I have a drop spindle and I’ve practiced a bit, it was inspired by my love for knitting years ago and the fact that I was too awkward to use a spinning wheel. Have not yet tried card weaving but I do enjoy embroidery and cross stitch (not medieval). I just bought an embroidery scroll frame that I want to try card weaving on to make belts and other accessories for my medieval outfits

7 Likes

My Life Partner uses a drop spindle, he makes thread with it. I’m okayish with fiber arts, but I really don’t enjoy spinning as much as he does. We both love metalcrafting though.

9 Likes

Hey guys! A few other guilds already have their Day of Change threads up. Are we planning to do that soon and if so can I help any?

6 Likes

I think @Nimueh was planning to take care of that in the next couple days, but maybe if she isn’t planning on doing ome, you could start it. Basic premise is how do the guilds celebrate the day of change?

5 Likes

You just inspired me @BairnSidhe

5 Likes