4. The Search For Magiq: Peering Arts

Huh you’re not wrong it does have a resemblance to the Oracular Eye

EDIT: I tried illumination with no luck

8 Likes

Maybe we should contact Eaves and ask him if he knows anything that might help?

7 Likes

Have any of the previous password puzzles ever been case-sensitive?

8 Likes

I do not believe they have been case sensitive as a rule.

11 Likes

Wait do we know who Ascenders daughter is? As most people use a loved ones name as their password

8 Likes

I tried AlisonB. I don’t think we know her real name.

I suppose we could ask eaves to ask her. But we might kill him in the reply for a random guess.

Edit: I DO think you are on a decent track though there, Rimor. If this password is a kinda of ‘unintentional loophole’ in the spell that Ascender added, then using things from his story would be key.

Edit 2: For the record this is probably where AlisonB got her username. I tried AlisonBouchard with no luck.

12 Likes

I’ve tried:
oraculareyes
ascenderlife
ascenderseye
bookofbriars
guidetomagic
guidetorunes
mirrorwitch
mirror witch <-at which point I discovered spaces count as characters… so…

12 Likes

I read Ascenders last message again and I just feel like something important was cut off at the end

11 Likes

I thought the same thing, Rimor.

10 Likes

tried these to no avail:
notthesilver
monarchmanor
age of magiq
abetterworld
peerelements
thecollector
newjoradians
newathenaeum

or from the runes:
(light-exploration/aether-humanity/ore-creation/tides-purpose/thought-reflection/wilds-change)
leahoctptrwc - order of runes
tpoctrwcleah - order received
ahoctptrwcle - order from top of chronocompass
plus each again with the order reversed or element-house inverted

What’s throwing me off in terms of imagery is that the new rune has 8 staves/16 points, which doesn’t fit in the usual 3-6-12 pattern that seems so consistent otherwise and makes it hard to try and line up the elemental runes in a cohesive way

9 Likes

I feel like the password is likely relate to the guide in some way since that’s where it showed up.

9 Likes

This is an excellent point! We also tend to get new challenges after we’ve learned something important.
And the rune looks a bit like a Venn diagram…
So, we know the magiq guide is the arbitrator now, right? We know the veil is getting denser and closing people out… Violently. We have all six elemental symbols… Where do these things coincide? What do they say as a whole?

8 Likes

Overlayed the ‘eye’ over the Guide for Magiq, pulled the letters, and ran it through a word finder/unscrambler. No luck so far, but I’m going to try a different dictionary or two before I call it quits.

10 Likes

I noticed that there might be a reference to the mirror lady in the guide when I was flicking through it

7 Likes

Can you quote me? I’m going to double-check my letters and make sure I’m not inputting the wrong one. The second dictionary I tried gave me nothing longer than 8 letters.

7 Likes

This passage just seemed to stand out

9 Likes

Thanks! Yeah that’s pretty unsettling. Never saw it before, but it could have been there forever for all I know.

9 Likes

Gonna shamelessly double post: no luck on the redone letters. Longest words I’m getting are ‘rethought’, and ‘hearthrug’ if anyone wants to try and work that into something.
Original letters kept giving me ‘gumshoe’, which was fun.
Here are the letter combos if anyone wants to run their own and see if something stands out to them:

HFEGUOMEGSWUT
THERETHGUARTOUG

If I couldn’t figure out which one exactly it landed on/pointed to I took the ones to either side as well just to up the chances something would work.

10 Likes

Interesting that it says ‘there’ in one of them. Has anyone tried anything about butterflies? That might sound odd but the visuals of the overlaid runes had a butterfly shape, and the monarch butterfly is a thing… It’s probably a dead end but I’d like to give it a brief try (but I can’t find where the thing to put passwords in is)

10 Likes

Sabine, it’s right at the bottom of this page.

11 Likes