4. The Search For Magiq: Peering Arts

Has anyone checked the book of briars or Fletcher Dawsons site to see if there’s anything there?

9 Likes

Checked both (even the BoB super-long-url page), all look the same.

Currently trawling through the guild affinities to see if any of those work. (of course, most are either too long or too short, if it’s 12 letters :sweat_smile:)

10 Likes

Hmmm there must be a clue hidden somewhere

8 Likes

Wait a sec isn’t the spell Ascender used called Determiner 12? And now we have a 12 letter password. Also Determiner 12 is 12 letters long

9 Likes

Um the spell was also made of pieces of twelve spells

8 Likes

First thing I tried :grin:

9 Likes

Damn I knew it couldn’t be that easy :joy:

Why couldn’t Ascender just make the password password :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

I tried various iterations of “Ackerly Green” as well for that exact reason. :deirdrexd:

10 Likes

Well I tried Twelvespells and that didn’t work

7 Likes

Things I tried I thought were promising

determiner, chronocompass and mountaineer (12 letters).

Also I noticed last week for the first time that the chronocompass on the front page of the guide ha 12 subsections, one for each guild and element. I tried ‘afoetttbwwlg’, which was the first letter starting at 12’oclock with Aether.

And wlgafoetttbw which is the same thing starting at weatherwatch which would be ‘dawn’.

15 Likes

Maybe the O was a 0 and the l a 1 :joy:

7 Likes

Now, I’m not very good at all of this, but… In the Runes Storehouse thread it was mentioned that the shape of the icon above the password (which, for the moment, I’m going to call the Keyhole) looks fairly similar to some of the runes. It’s shaped with the two spheres like in Thought, and has 12 staves. Each of the runes also has staves. Maybe it’s a combination of two of the runes? And maybe we can figure out the password through that? Just concepts, but hopefully that helps. As a visual person, I can’t help but feel like there’s got to be visual clues!!

11 Likes

I’ve tried every 12 letter word from the guide to magiq, no luck.
absentminded
accidentally
Daggermaster
environments
experiencing
experimental
illustration
immeasurably
instructions
irreversible
magimystical
otherworldly
overcautious
philosomancy
proclamation
servantgolem
studywalking

11 Likes

Has anyone tried overlapping all of the runes? Maybe also do a version including the final rune

6 Likes

It’d take me a while but I could do it, if nobody else has the same thing in the works…

6 Likes

For what it’s worth we got the pieces of the story and runes in this order.

Tides
Ore
Thought
Wild
Light
Aether

In case the order is important.

11 Likes

In that case it might be the first letters of guild,element,guild,element, or element,guild,element,guild, or guilds then elements or vice versa, in that order? Could someone try those out while I start to work with the visuals?

10 Likes

Tides - Ebenguard
Ore - Flinter
Thought - Thornmouth
Wild - Balimora
Light - Weatherwatch
Aether - Gossmere

Does this seem right?

8 Likes

For what it’s worth I just tried:

Order of appearance of story, element then guild
teofttwblwag

Order of appearance of story, guild then element
etfottbwwlga

Edit: I also tried ENESSWNWN , which is the cardinal directions of the 6 guilds in that order. It’s not 12 characters, but shrug figured it was worth a shot.

10 Likes

@Rimor, in your list Light and Tides should be swapped, but yes.

7 Likes