3. The Search for Magiq: Cataclysm

What just happened?

10 Likes

Should we wait for sabes to contact us or should we start writing a letter to our mysterious friends?

13 Likes

Yea, just over 2.5 hours it seems. Since the eclipse started until now.

11 Likes

for me, I saw Saberlane post the thing, and then the forum went down before I could even type ā€œCrepi il lupoā€.

12 Likes

Iā€™d definitely say wait for @Saberlane before we do anythingā€¦we donā€™t know what happened with the spell yet.

11 Likes

Okay so should we probe to see if the wall is still there?

8 Likes

Guys? My watch just shattered. Like, literally broke into pieces. There was a huge cracking noise andā€¦ oh god theres tiny shards of glass everywhere.

12 Likes

Damnā€¦ Well, we know the spell did something at least. But :frowning:

11 Likes

Hey casters you might all want to check your items!

10 Likes

I thought my wife was making dinner in our new oven while i worked on the kids bed. Said it smelled like something burning. She told me it wasnt herā€¦

The coin changerā€¦it meltedā€¦actually melted and is stuck to my brand new deskā€¦

Are you okay @Saberlane?

15 Likes

My jewellery box seems fine?
Edit: it wonā€™t play music anymore. I can wind it but it wonā€™t unwind or make sound.

14 Likes

Oh gods, my headā€¦ i need to take a second, back laterā€¦

10 Likes

I guess we could also attempt to start up the internet cauldron if the spell sickness is starting to roll inā€¦

10 Likes

I guess I should be glad I still have my box, but it feels different now. Impersonal, like what made it mine is missing. I donā€™t want to look at it anymore. I feel nauseous.

11 Likes

I donā€™t want to jump the gun and start tagging all the casters to check inā€¦but at some point we might want to do that, if itā€™s been a while and we havenā€™t heard from people. There were a lot of mounties on that spellā€¦lots of places for things to go poorlyā€¦

Edit: Iā€™ll keep tabs on who reports in thoā€¦so we knowā€¦

14 Likes

Hey folks. Iā€™m here, and my walking stick isā€¦ intact? It doesnā€™t look damaged at all. It was the first thing I checked when I got home from work. When I hold it, though, I can hear faint, distant whispers. I canā€™t make out what theyā€™re saying. It only happens when I hold it, though, so Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s not a psychotic break. Well, yeah. Pretty sure, even after today.

15 Likes

Iā€™m worried for everyone of course, but especially @Saberlane. The magimistical kickback from a spell like this could be devastating.

16 Likes

Iā€™m worried, too Sel.

14 Likes

Also all our first-time castersā€¦this seems like it would have been a rough spell for our new mounties (all the more reason they should check in here an ease my old-timer worrying!)

16 Likes

So, truth time. I went with the old photo of my item because, though I know I have it somewhere, I wasnā€™t able to physically get it into my hands.

Not sure how much is because of the casting and how much just happened to occur at the same time, but not too long after totality this massive storm just kind of exploded. Buckets of rain, lots of rolling thunder, more than a few lightning strikes closer than Iā€™d likeā€¦

It just so happened to calm down considerably once the eclipse was officially over.

It smells a bit like warm plastic when I get close to my closet. I think my seaglass may have been in a plastic bucket from collegeā€¦

So long as no burning smells start emanating from there, I think Iā€™ll leave exactly what happened to it a case of Schrodingerā€™s Cat.

15 Likes