3. The Search for Magiq: Cataclysm

@Augustus_Octavian you good to post today?
@Thorn ready for tomorrow (today if Augustus can’t)?

10 Likes

Yeah, I’m good to post today.

12 Likes

As ready as I possibly can be, and as nervous too

13 Likes

How many more days until the cataclysm is active?

8 Likes

Yesterday was post #14, so after @Thorn goes today there’s 3 more days left!

11 Likes

I added you on the backup list, as @WyrdOne also requested to be on the casting list but there was some confusion at the time about who was putting up the last object. As we get closer, we can see who off the backup list will be around and ready to go for the last day!

10 Likes

Sounds good to me Tinker! I’ll be ready to go, just in case.

7 Likes

Question for those who have gone already. Did anyone get spell sick? Like at all?

Yeah i know. The uber logical part of my mlnd thinks the rest of me is silly for expecting to get sick after writing a story… but on the other hand…it felt right…and icky…but there was right in there.

Its just a bit disconcerting is all. Probably nothing.

13 Likes

Hey, so I just changed time zones, so I’m not really sure exactly when I’m supposed to post. I need to conk out for a solid 8 hours though so if it’s before then I’m gonna have to ask a pinch hitter to step up for me. I’ll only be awake for another hour or so so if someone could just like…pinky swear it’s the correct time for me to post, I can throw it up now.
Otherwise, I’ll post once I wake up and am more coherent!

9 Likes

I’m sure you’ll be fine, as the timestamp for @Thorn’s post was 16 hours ago (at the time of me writing this). Get some rest, and if all else fails I’m sure a pinch hitter will step up for you.

8 Likes

It’s a little after noon EST right now, so probably somewhere around 6 or 7pm when you see this?

8 Likes

I don’t think so? It kind of feels like we’ve been collectively drawing a bow, each person inching the string back a little further and then when it’s released we’ll see if we all share a magiqal string burn.

12 Likes

And I am not at all concerned about standing in front of the metaphorical bullseye.

20 Likes

Yeah no sickness here either, but it’s possible that it could set on all of us once the final casting occurs. And given the magnitude of this spell it could be bad. Conversely though, since we’re meant to be drawing magiq from our tokens it may not be as hard on us.

11 Likes

I can see the headlines now. ‘Authorities are mystified why 18 people all across the world began projectile vomitting and muttering “dangit Saberlane how about a warning?!” At exactly 3:33 EST today.’

17 Likes

Oh please god don’t do it before 5pm if you can help it! I can just see it, collapsing on my first day at the new job. :sweat_smile:

Seriously though, please everyone just be careful with yourselves this week.

13 Likes

Throwing it up now! Sorry if it’s out of time, I was asleep a lot longer than expected.

13 Likes

Nope. Your timing was perfect. I love your story!

15 Likes

Soooo…ummmmm, I dunno if anyone else noticed yet…but the spell concludes right before the New Moon/Solar Eclipse on Tuesday…just sayin :flushed:

My heart is beating really fast with that knowledge falling upon me. :grimacing:

With that being said, I am looking forward to contributing to the spell tomorrow knowing that we are all in this together. As slightly terrified as I am…

16 Likes

Also, side note. I just watched an anime released in 1979 called The Castle of Cagliostro. It was a famed Hayao Miyazaki’s debut film.

If that wasn’t ominous enough, one of the main symbols in the movie looked very much like a hippocampus.

I suppose this would possibly be considered a paranoid tin hat moment. I’m a bit spooked for sure :grimacing:

17 Likes