3. The Search for Magiq: Cataclysm

I don’t really wanna jinx anything but I have a very bad feeling that we’ve failed as there haven’t been any new recruits in four days now whereas before there was a steady flow :grimacing:

11 Likes

I mean, we must have done something for the artifacts to have been “usesd”. Hopefully Lauren saw it and is planning something…

10 Likes

If there is a crack in the veil we’d be remiss not to use it as much as possible. After all, we still know so little, it might be able to heal itself while we sit here and try to figure out a safe direction to take.

7 Likes

With hindsight perhaps we should have sent or tried to send a message at the same time as the last part of the spell. Kinda moot point now, but we in theory created 1 hell of a distraction.

I’d also like to suggest we try to send sooner than later. The veil has been constantly building power, assuming we did some damage to the veil, we might have damaged it enough to get messages through again, but the veil will continue to build power and block us again. If we damaged it, at best we’ve created a small window for us to message out again.

9 Likes

So we light the torch and start running, and if no one is there to trade off with us we just keep going ourselves and plan as we go.

So who’s sending the letter to who, and what do we wanna write?

7 Likes

I mean, as much as I’m getting worried, the spell we cast wasn’t to break through the wall, remember? We were trying to shine a light so Lauren could find the door, and from there either break through from the outside or send us a way to break through from this side. I’m just impatient and was hoping that maybe the spell was powerful enough that there might be a new crack…

14 Likes

So would using wrought magiq be a bad idea right around now?

10 Likes

Yes, we definitely want to conserve as much of the remaining magiq as possible in case of emergency.

10 Likes

Does anyone know what will happen if the magiq runs out? I feel like it going to cause some kind of apocalyptic event like all sorts of bad things start happening. And worse we still don’t know who made the veil or even why. I’m just praying that I’m wrong and the end of magiq doesn’t mean end of world.

8 Likes

Something like the entire universe unraveling and falling into oblivion ect ect

6 Likes

On one hand I don’t think it’s anything that drastic. On the other hand, if all magiq is drained from the world, then the only people left with the power would be the ones who have been hoarding it all this time, which is probably the Silver (and to some degree Monarch’s Mountain).

Which basically means people like us lose any ability to really sway how this Book ends and the Book of Brairs begins.

And I don’t know about you, but I want the Mountaineers to have a say in how the Book of Briars starts.

16 Likes

If the silver end up with all the power then I definitely prefer my ending over yours :laughing:

9 Likes

So on a scale of 1-10 how screwed are we looking right now? If under five will might be fine.

7 Likes

On the bright side it’s not like anyone is trying to kill us like before. So I’d say about 2 as we’ve faced way worse then this!

6 Likes

Hey guys @Eaves got through to us!!!

I can’t reply on the thread but we can like the post!

15 Likes

Uh oh @Augustus_Octavian you there bud?

Guys I think the veil ate Augo :grimacing:

8 Likes

Sorry, still bleary from sleep, I can’t see the Eaves post you screenshot and don’t see an Augo post either. Am I missing something obvious or am I just not caffeinated enough yet to understand magiq?

13 Likes

Can anyone else who cast the spell see Augo’s post or the screenshot?

Am I going crazy?

6 Likes

Eeek Eve’s post disappeared as well!!

8 Likes

No you’re not mad.
I saw and liked Eaves post (in new-dg-post-goodbyes) not long after you screenshoted it.
It had 4 likes last I saw.

I can still see your screenshot.

Augo’s post was in this channel and read something like “We’re here Eaves, can you hear us (read us I guess)”

13 Likes