2020 Reading Challenge

I’ve always wanted to read The Call of Cthulhu so thank you for reminding me :joy:

6 Likes

For #38 I would love to recommend “The Starless Sea” . I just finished it a little while ago and cannot say enough positive things about it. It is a book about stories and the nature of them in general. Absolutely mystical and enthralling. If anybody has the time, give it a look!

5 Likes

It’s the last book I couldn’t put down and read cover to cover. Absolutely loved it!
Still struggling with reading which is very sad, even picking up old favourites I’m getting about half way through and just loosing motivation to read :frowning:

5 Likes

Oh I hate when that happens! I found that sometimes webcomics help. There’s this app called WEBTOON which has beautiful illustrations with stories of all genres! Sometimes having something to look at helps get you in the mood to read!

7 Likes

cough Lore Olympus cough

6 Likes

Lore Olympus is my favorite!! Absolutely beautiful art and the storyline is stunning!

6 Likes

@Kallisti @Honeyscone
Ta for the recommendation, took a couple chapters, but I think I’m hooked on Lore Olympus. I did have other plans for my day off, but so far I’ve just been under a blanket catching up.
Also might have binge read Lumine last night :slight_smile:
And started, stayed up past bedtime and fell asleep reading Witchsign by Den Patrick .

7 Likes

I just updated my list and I’m doing fairly well. Will need to really tailor the last books of my year toward satisfying my missing Challenges. How is everyone else doing?

6 Likes

You can check off another one. The sleeper and the spindle is on one of my shelfie pics.
You’re doing really really well! Feel free to ask if you need ideas for the remaining challenges.

I’m probably no going to get into the library(shakes fist at 2020), so some challenges like ‘50 take a chance’ and ‘45 a book from a library display’ are unlikely to happen for me. I really need to up my game, I’ve got so many left to cover!

6 Likes

For a book from a library display, does your library do any sort of social media featuring any of the books? I feel like that could count as a display, especially right now.

And if they’re answering the phones, you could always warn them in advance for the odd question of “could you pick up a book for me based on these three dice rolls?” I know I’d try. :deirdrexd:

6 Likes

It’s more a case of reduced opening hours for collection, that and all requests have to be done online and I’ve lost my library card so can’t login. I’m convinced its in one of the cars having done service and an ice scraper but I cant find it.
Social media posts is a good idea I hadn’t thought of, I’ve seen posts from other libraries so I’ll try to use them for ‘45 a book from a library display’

6 Likes

Thanks! Using the library social media as #45 is a great idea, thanks!

@Sapphire, can you call/email your library and get your card number? Maybe arrange to bring a photo ID to their collection hours so they can confirm you are you?

7 Likes

^^^ My library (under normal circumstances) can process a loan using a driver’s license/photo ID…so maybe as long as you call in advance to ask, that would work!

7 Likes