2019 Guild Color Schemes Project

Hi Mounties!
@Catherine and I were recently using Coolors to add a few secondary hues to the new Ackerly Green palette and I just had an idea, why don’t we all use the Coolors site/app to design and share modern guild color schemes here in the Campfire?!

We may even end up using them in future projects!

Its really simple to use. You just click until you find colors you like, then lock your favorites and keep clicking until you have a five color palette you’re happy with. It will keep finding complimentary hues with every click. And if you’re particularly color savvy you can even input your own hex numbers and it will find colors that work with those! We’ve used it for a lot of projects and even designed the new AG palette with it.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

19 Likes

I may have used that exact site (in conjunction with another to translate color to embroidery floss numbers) when making Rev’s cross stitch gift. :deirdrexd:

11 Likes

Alright, this will be extremely traditional but the first think that stroke me when I saw Ebenguard was Heide’s Tower of Flame, then the Aniva Lighthouse.

Now, this color scheme doesn’t deviate much from the original logo but I wanted to reflect the sort of sandswept isle ambiance, somewhere on the borders between the night and day.

So there are three variations:
Base:
https://coolors.co/export/png/f9f5f4-0f5c89-393939-657c67-9f7918

Night/Seashore:
https://coolors.co/export/png/f9f5f4-527589-161616-29332a-acbfbf

Day:
https://coolors.co/export/png/0f5c89-fffff0-81613c-da9100-050708

Well. That’s it :smiley:

12 Likes

What a weird and relatively colorless topic this is. :face_with_monocle:
I guess just Ebenguard gets a fun, updated color scheme? :cjtea:

11 Likes

I didn’t have working internet til last night and I was playing catchup with admin stuff, but I am gonna check this out today!

6 Likes

Really love that Night colour scheme for Ebenguard!

I was playing with the colours a little, and put together a few that I kinda liked, ish, for Bali:

Meh, none of them really feel “new” to me, just the same as the old theme with some additions.

11 Likes

This is what I came up for Gossmere!

OR

I feel like the second palate has a more vintage feel and warmer colors overall, so I’ve headcannoned that one as “Mer Gost”.

(FYI, I’m a tetrachromat, and apparently that makes me naturally averse to the color yellow)

19 Likes

I had to give this a lot of thought because I’m a huge perfectionist…so here what I ended up with for Flinter.

I looked at color recommendations for offices because I figure like, communal spaces in the guild halls would maybe be colored guild colors? So I went with a yellow for positivity/creativity, then the greens (which sort of hold over from the original color scheme) are supposed to be good for places where you work long hours. Brown was a nice neutral that I think goes with the yellow and the greens, and then I think the purple is a bit…I dunno…modern maybe? And it looks nice with the brown…

19 Likes

Here’s my initial traipse into the bottomless pit I’ve just spelunked into.

20 Likes

Forest-med

16 Likes

Flinter, I suppose? I really like the names of the colors, which Coolors didn’t copy for some reason. But they are (from left to right), pale silver, desert sand, copper penny, wine, and gray asparagus.

Also, a more unabashedly red/orange scheme?

15 Likes

very basic Balimora

15 Likes

Wow, been away for only a while :joy:

@Nimueh - thanks for your kind words :slight_smile: I actually like the second idea most but probably due to my skewed sense of aesthetics :slight_smile: I love the forest vibe from the first, it kinda feels… inviting?

@Augustus_Octavian regarding the latter, it reminds me of all the 70s interior design aesthetics. I like the first one though, has some… Fragonard’s The Swing vibes. Very rococo in a good way. And I hate yellow (sorry if this sounded insensitive, didn’t mean to be it like that :))

@Tinker - that looks amazing actually. Looks less forced than mine and I can actually imagine a guildhall in this set!

@Deyavi uh-huh. Now let’s try to blend every idea for Eben :wink:

@Revenir both. Want. Both :slight_smile:

@annabloem Very basic doesn’t mean anything. It’s really good with the floral vibe it bears. Looks like shimmering moss!

9 Likes

Weatherwatch is kinda hard cause we’ve had so many colours… blue on discord, gold and purple for mourning, rust and yellow in our emblem… so kinda take your pick :joy::joy:

11 Likes

Do your’s come in a different direction from the rest of ours’ because you’re in Australia?

8 Likes

Nah, technophobe here and couldn’t figure out how to work it so I downloaded the app and screenshotted it

6 Likes

gossmere.pdf (50.3 KB)

Tried my hand at Gossmere. I wanted the colors to be natural and earthy, so I shot for jewel tones and pastels!

11 Likes

That is not only beautiful, but also looks like the most amazing ice cream assortment.

12 Likes

I LOVE the deeper purples/maroons coming into the Flinter schemes - feels modern professional but still creative and fun.

I think mine ended up being basically the original colors? :rofl: But I do really love the more burnt reds/oranges contrasting with the liveliness and freshness of the yellows/greens.

13 Likes

These are amazing! The darker tones are especially stunning :heart_eyes: great finds~

9 Likes