2019 Guild Color Schemes Project

Anything with maroon (bar Maroon 5) gets my immediate seal of approval - I love the combo!

@OracleSage please tell me you’re gonna patent this combination as ice cream. The base would taste interesting with these combinations :joy:

8 Likes

I don’t see any for Thornmouth, and please forgive the post necromancy I’m doing by resurrecting this, but this is the one I came up with for Thornmouth.

I liked the first three colors that came up, I can’t really say why. The black and yellow though I can explain, the black represents darkness and ignorance while the yellow represents light and enlightenment.

12 Likes

Necromance away @shinjidai! All threads can be commented on no matter how old. It’s great that people are still engaging and adding to these threads!

9 Likes

I love this combo! Such a good depiction of the warmer side of the Mindflame that we don’t often think of. :smile:

10 Likes

As an avid maker, this thread is giving me FEELS :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

This just really screams a Ebenguardian by the sea and I love it.

19 Likes

Balimora!

10 Likes

8 Likes

I really like this combo. The last two colors remind me of charcoal in the remains of a fire when Gossmerim move from place to place. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Green schemes with a hint of gold for Balimora.

11 Likes

And there’s still that hint of green in the darker one

6 Likes

Old thread, I’m aware, but it’s still quite fun :weatherwatch:

I believe Weatherwatch has quite a lot of variations, as much as the ever changing sky. I think of storms, clouds, sunshine, sunsets, cloudy days, and of course our traditional colors. If I could choose one more, it would be a metallic gold.

13 Likes

This is so amazing to see everyone’s mental images of their Guild colors! Even though I’m no artist, here’s my take on Thornmouth:

10 Likes

Just bouncing off what others have posted here! For Thornmouth:

I liked where everyone was going with it, tried to take it in a clothing/character design place, but still keep the ‘progression’ ideas.

Purple-black: Ignorance, but I wanted to also capture a bit of ‘nobility’ such as in the Fool’s reading in tarot. Ignorance can also be a source of limitlessness. Sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, so its useful to remember how to know nothing! There’s some purple in existing Thornmouth stuff, so I wanted to make sure to keep it. Noble Ignorance

Silver: good for buttons, trinkets and embroidery - Spark.

Red-Orange: Flame

Forest Green: Growth

Blue: Knowledge/Wisdom - I’d like to think the idea of wisdom can circle back to the black/purple. I think it’s not enough just to be knowledgeable, but going from being well informed to wise is the art of it, and difficult to achieve. I think being filled with knowledge and being blank enough to have perspective is maybe where the magiq is…

12 Likes