20.5.The Secret Society: Calling the Corners for Saberlane and Woolie (Complete!)

I still have the coin!

6 Likes

We also should keep in mind that in classical magick terms that to walk counter clockwise is to invite energies is, while to do something clockwise is to reject them.
So for calling corners, maybe counter clockwise makes more sense?

9 Likes

What about counter-clockwise for Woolie, inviting him/drawing him out of Saberlane’s body, and clockwise for Saberlane to help him expel Woolie from his person?

10 Likes

When are we doing this

7 Likes

I think we were aiming for sometime in the afternoon/evening of the 11th Eastern time if everyone’s ready.

5 Likes

Looks like we’re pretty close to tied on the first poll between all counter-clockwise and Saberlane clockwise/Woolie counter-clockwise. Arguments/reasoning for one option over the other are welcome overnight.

While we wait for stragglers, another point (aside from a specific start time) that needs to be ironed out: how do we handle the double casting?

• Saberlane, then Woolie
  • Woolie, then Saberlane
  • Both consecutively, teams taking turns to cast

0 voters

7 Likes

I think consecutively, but alternating. It’s sort of two spells, but at the same time, we’re casting a single, multilayered spell. But that’s just my thinking.

6 Likes

As soon as Ashburn posts the order and you know which the person after you is then you can go whenever.

Edit. Sorry missed the double casting question. I don’t see any reeason all 12 people cant just do it in one thread. Its q single spell with two twin parts.

6 Likes

I may edit this accordingly later, but Oracle’s point and both our starters voting the same way, here’s the order if we do both counter-clockwise.

Saberlane counter-clockwise

@Skylad - NE to Oracle
@OracleSage - SE to Grim
@grimangel53 - NE to Nimueh
@Nimueh - WSW to AG_Catherine
@Catherine - W to TrueMagick
@TrueMagick - SW to Sky

Woolie counter-clockwise

@Remus - NW to Augo
@Augustus_Octavian - NW to Cheyyyme
@cheyyyme - S to Nighteater
@Nighteater - S to Darkus
@Darkus - NE to Viviane
@Viviane - SE to Remus

10 Likes

I work tomorrow, so I wont be available till 6ish, central time.

4 Likes

Wait, I’m not ready! I haven’t heard back from Chey about linking items!!!

4 Likes

I’m not ready either, I have to figure out something to use for Woolie.

5 Likes

Just to be the annoying convict I leave for work at 5pm HST… I’ll be waking up at 4pmHST if that helps at all

7 Likes

Okay. I’ve figured out my items. I’m ready; let me know when we can do this.

8 Likes

…do we know if there would be any issues with having spans of time longer than a few minutes between points in the hex if we needed? I know Sky’s available time for today is running short.

6 Likes

I don’t want to be dramatic, but I’m afraid we don’t have a ton of time to work with here. @Saberlane’s not doing well. I’m all for taking that risk and going ahead as soon as we can.

10 Likes

I’m awake now if that helps!
And been called out to Bali so maaayyy be a tad hard to get a hold of today

8 Likes

@cheyyyme you got anything for a link so we can give the go ahead?

5 Likes

Okay, I’m set and ready whenever! Sky and I start this, right?

5 Likes

That shouldn’t be any problem. If you want to draw a hex from 6 points labelled A → F. It doesn’t matter if you draw A-B first, then C-D, then D-E then go back and fill in B-C. It just matters that you get all six lines drawn.

At least, that’s always been my take. If you can get people to go in order, great. But drawing the lines is the key thing.

6 Likes