2. The Search For Magiq: The Neithercouriers

Well, I will be in the market for a new desk organizer…and a lamp. But it could be worse. Thankfully I took a lot of stuff off my desk so I could take ~aesthetic~ photos for you guys. :joy:

Let’s just hope everything is smooth sailing and there’s no more return to senders. :crossed_fingers:

14 Likes

Neithercouriers are the new Marie Kondo, destroying things to organize your life! :joy:

Seriously though, I hope the message gets through with no more (as little) damage. crosses fingers

Thanks Rev and Ash for everything today :relaxed:

15 Likes

All I have to say is…good luck to whoever tries to stop the robot man. Dude looked super sturdy. Maybe they sent us a tough guy after what happened with the sweet lil cub king?

14 Likes

Woah woah woah woah woah, robot man?! Box thing? I need a full description/rev drawing/recount of what happened.

11 Likes

At some point, someone proposed that these were maybe just visual manifestations of the spell, so who knows if these things we’re seeing are even “real” entities with individuality, etc.

12 Likes

It’s hard to explain in words… He was like…a living automaton made of metal and wood. And spikes. I’ll try to draw it later if I have the time.

But yeah, he just rolled up in here, sort of walking like an old timey automaton. And smoke came out of him. Then when he got close, he contracted himself into a box and opened up a slot. He let out this piercing whistle, I guess to let me know I should give my mail to him. I put the letter in the slot and I…think he shredded it? It sounded like shredding. And when I tried to offer him the stuff I showed you, he popped back to himself and turned spikey. Then he smashed up the stuff on my desk and crunched it under his feet, walking off with one last whistle.

19 Likes

Man that’s one salty sounding courier :laughing:

8 Likes

Probably didnt appreciate the last thing we tried.

4 Likes

Well, hopefully we hear back quickly…with less…smashing involved…

11 Likes

And so… we wait?

8 Likes

After what happened this morning, waiting is good. Waiting is normal.

Poor bear buddy and his friends…

12 Likes

As an update, I haven’t seen the robo-man. He didn’t come immediately back, at least, so I feel like that’s a good sign?

I have to admit…of all the mailouts, this is the one I’m most anxious about. I just hope it gets to Marty. After that, he can call in the cavalry and we can get more folks on the outside helping us.

12 Likes

While we wait, we can ponder.

The girl you mentioned is here. She is safe. She has an inextricable connection to the herald, which led her to seek out magiq and find us. She left our test of intention and purpose for another, to try and convince her to believe what she has never been able to believe. That is the spell you found, which allowed us to pierce the veil momentarily.

I’m having trouble parsing this. I’m not sure if it’s because I am dense, or pronoun overload, or there’s something we’re missing here. Here’s how I read this.

The girl you mentioned is here. She [The girl] is safe. She [The girl] has an inextricable connection to the herald, which led her [The girl] to seek out magiq and find us. She [The girl] left our test of intention and purpose [I assume this is a test they give like the 30 day spell] for another [Another what? She left the test…for another test? Another group?], to try and convince her [Who is this ‘her’? Someone the girl knows?] to believe what she [Who this is. The girl? The other? The girls mother?] has never been able to believe. That is the spell you found [So the 30 day spell was made by the girl?], which allowed us to pierce the veil momentarily.

Can someone help me with basic reading please?

Edit: This kinda makes sense to me: So the girl found the searchers, and is safe. She tried to create the 30 day spell to help someone else (the girls mother?) to believe in magiq as well. And we used the spell instead of (or in addition to) the girl’s mother and contacted the Searchers. That would explain why they were surprised when ‘another’ had reached out to them. We weren’t who they were expecting. The girl’s mother was?

Maybe?

12 Likes

That’s how I’d read it. Whomever the “another” is/was, the girl’s mother found the spell and posted it online; we happened to find it. I don’t think we can know whether the referenced “another” was the girl’s mother, or whether it was intended for someone else entirely.

12 Likes

That’s answered one of the countless questions I have.

9 Likes

I don’t think it’s the mom. It’s possible, but wouldn’t the mom have posted something about her daughter talking about magiq? I feel like if your kid is seriously talking about something like that and goes poof, that would be something to mention.

It’s really mysterious though. What is this connection? Who is the person the spell was intended for?

12 Likes

My gut is that it is the mom whose daughter went missing. We all know people who would be unable or unwilling to believe in any of this. Or she may have never mentioned magic at all. I have a lot of people in my life that I love and care about, who know nothing about all of this.

If her daughter left this clue (included in the social post one of the mom’s friends created, per @SpiritSeer) then maybe she was trying to lead her mom to search for magiq herself:

Please, my friend needs help. Her daughter disappeared and left this picture in a text message that said “Capture every moment in a month of 30 days, in word or ink or images, a myriad of ways. Doesn’t matter where you put them, only matters that they’re caught. If you want to learn where magiq is then this is how you’re taught.” Does anyone know what this means?

11 Likes

That’s valid. I think I got caught up on the “has never been able to believe” part. Also, I forgot the message wasn’t posted by the mom directly, so it’s possible the magiq aspect was lost in translation.

7 Likes

It does say “left this picture in a text message”. I’d assume whoever she sent that text message to was the person she hoped would use the seed spell. It makes sense that her mom would be that person, but if her daughter went missing, she may have gotten the message off of a friend or someone else who heard she was missing and wanted to help.

Too bad we don’t know how to contact this person. There are so many layers here - the girl who went to the sanctuary, her mom, the mom’s friend who posted it on Facebook (before it was deleted…by who, I wonder?). And other people were sharing that spell in other places (Instagram, etc.) - were they also from the Sanctuary, hoping a certain friend they were leaving behind would see it?

8 Likes

And we know that some people were using the #searchformagiq hashtag around the internet but then those instances were disappearing. It feels like we’re butting up against the tip of a bigger berg.

11 Likes