2. The Search For Magiq: The Neithercouriers

IF THEY HURT MORE CUTIES, I’M KICKING THE SILVER IN THEIR BOOTIES :laurenangry:

14 Likes

Hundred Needles is still a viable option, but messaging someone else, like Marty, will give us a better idea whether it was the veil that blasted King Cub, or The CDS (Cagliostro Defense System.)

11 Likes

I hate to be the worry wort over here but I just want to mention another thought for consideration and caution…

The Neithercouriers as an (organization?) might not be too thrilled we sent their sweet little bear king into an electric fence. The next letter we send should just be approached…cautiously.

11 Likes

So the choice is potentially sacrifice an innocent life or 100 harmless needles…

Remind me aren’t we supposed to be the good guys?

5 Likes

buys pitchfork I am ready to join ya with that Rev.

Seriously though, we need to try Marty no matter what. We have to test limits, have to eliminate variables. Much as I hate what could potentially happen, we need to do it. crosses fingers

10 Likes

I don’t want the next phosphorescent beetle or tiny gnome bard we send out with a letter to meet the same results, so if we take any serious risks I’d like them to be a tad more considered. We’re putting actual beings at risk, so let’s not jump the gun.

8 Likes

I don’t think death is on the table. Even if this was a product of the Silver/veil, killing something could have a blowback on them. In this case…the bear’s paw got singed, but it wasn’t killed or permanently injured.

If we want to do this more carefully, we could consider making some protection sigils. I’m really leaning towards the CDS being the cause of the fence, but it never hurts to add a little oomph to a spell.

12 Likes

I have to assume whatever ‘guiding force’ that runs the couriers and sends them out is not ignorant. The Searchers have spoken of them as an organization that can collectively figure things out like the trouble they are having lately. If there was a systemic threat to any courier doing anything, I’d hope they’d just not send anyone at all, especially after what just happened…

And if no one shows up to get the message, at least we have an answer.

12 Likes

I mean, I have extra paper (in case the first letter was longer than the one page), but I’m not sure they’d be so happy to come to me after what just happened, if I were to write up the Marty version and try again…

8 Likes

How do you feel about doing it again? It’s entirely up to you.

I would hope the Neithercouriers could see your pure intention. You had absolutely no intention of hurting the bear and were upset by what happened to him. It wasn’t your fault in any way.

11 Likes

Still a bit shaken up from the first time, to be honest (not sure if it’s all shock, or partly because magiq since that happened back during the Time puzzles too), but if no one else is available soon-ish…

9 Likes

I’m here sitting on my stationery hoard like a crafty dragon. :dragon: I can definitely send the message, with a doubled payment for their trouble.

I also feel guilty now, for advocating for a Lauren sendout. Should have thought logically about it. :laurencry:

11 Likes

Well, whichever of us ends up sending, I advocate for adding in a bit of a “PS, don’t try using this method with Lauren, it didn’t end well.”

7 Likes

Is it a matter of needing to be a new sender each time?
This is also something we haven’t tried.
I want to say it couldn’t hurt, but um … well after Nim’s payment … it very much could.

So perhaps one of you two try sending as an additional test of sorts, and if nothing happens we can try a new sender?

11 Likes

I’m crafting a letter just to give it a shot? I’m assuming the sender shouldn’t matter, though, as long as the encanterance is unique.

10 Likes

Go for it, box office is open and too busy for me to be stealthy with magiqal couriers.

8 Likes

I take any and all responsibility for any magimystical shenanigans…

In addition to the letter, I’ve included items from the four Book of Briars locks, in an attempt to strengthen my intention.

I’ve also set out my favorite bottle of J. Herbin ink, six sample vials of ink, and the brand new set of coliro watercolors…things of value as payment.

All four phases, our friend was there,
Give him this message, crafted with care,
I ring this bell, hope in my heart,
Couriers, help this conversation start

18 Likes

First, that stationery is lovely.

Second, I think we weren’t sure last time if each encanterance is specific to a courier or to a sender. Maybe this will help us find out if they’re one-use universally, or if each caster has one that attaches to them.

14 Likes

Riiip. Well, it must have liked my payment methods, because it accepted them. I think?

And by accept, I mean a strange wood/metal box thingy came and ripped my letter to shreds, then smashed all the stuff on my desk to bits. :laurencry:

13 Likes

I have no idea if that’s a win or loss for us…

10 Likes