Worlds Collide Project

“Endri goes to Hogwarts.”

That was the apocryphal statement I used to pitch the entire concept of The Creationary to Leadership.
The idea that we could create a space to not only explore the Magiqverse in a more meta way, freeing ourselves to treat the concepts and characters as fiction instead of canon, but we could also explore other worlds, both literary and non-bookish, separately and together!

So the Worlds Collide Project is a chance to smash two literary worlds together, in writing, art, or any other kind of creation. Could be short, long, physical, digital…

What happens when you smash two worlds together?

16 Likes

And please keep in mind, these topics are meant for discussion as much as contribution. You don’t have to wait until you have a story to start yapping. :cjheart:

8 Likes

I have so many ideas but perfectionist brain wants me to reread every book I’ve ever loved so I can get the mannerisms and speech patterns of the characters I want to use correct :cagsko:

12 Likes

marty in the spiderman universe trying to get pictures of spiderman

8 Likes

bash doing karate in the street fighter universe

5 Likes

X-Men characters, but in the Book of the Wild where Magiq is known-but-illicit and mutants are adepts.

9 Likes

This was actually a crazy fever dream the other night - Magiq Jurassic Park, where in a twisted series of magiq/scientific experiments, necromancy is used to raise dinosaurs, then they’re bred successively with the most closely related extant genetic species (birds) to bring back a living line.

12 Likes

This sounds amazing :cjheart:

7 Likes

wizards vs dinosaurs - a 7 year olds fever dream

7 Likes

I think that’s one of the many interpretations of our beloved “wonder.”

9 Likes

All I have to say is I think Ascender would look good in green :deirdretea: :snake:

12 Likes

As magiq runs thin in the world, the spells guarding Brakebills erode and ultimately fail, revealing the storied school of magic to the general public. How does Dean Fogg and the rest of the faculty cope?

14 Likes

An epic team up with MM and the Mountaineers ensues.

5 Likes

What if, instead of leading Lucy to Narnia, The Wardrobe led her to an alternate future Neithernor/Earth where The Silver succeeded in taking over the world?

7 Likes

They all end up releasing the deamons from their backs, its the only magic they have left.

6 Likes