Meanwhile I’m gonna cough out my lungs :joy:

6 Likes

:colewat:

9 Likes

Dey on a whole ‘nother level out here :colewat: :cagsko:

7 Likes

Yeah. By the Cagliostro, remind me to never cross Dey! :grin:

8 Likes

Hope it’s going well for everyone! Let’s keep things simple and do one set of breakout workouts per week (Tuesday and Thursday), and keep up with our cardio goals on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

8 Likes

I’m not quite awake yet, so I initially forgot the challenge :grimacing:

I remembered after I turned the treadmill off, so here’s my additional half mile for today:

Hope everyone’s having fun!

8 Likes

So far so good this week: Monday zumba, Wednesday barre, Thursday dance rehearsal, and today we’re trying the cycling class. And I’m counting all the emotional hoops I had to jump through on Tuesday as my exercise :joy:

11 Likes

Honestly, it’s been all I could do this past week to keep up my regular exercise. :sweat_smile: yesterday’s workout did a number on me. It was mostly focused on my obliques, and today, I can hardly move without my sides reminding me.

7 Likes

I survived my first cycling class! I was super intimated because…well…it’s a bit of an intimidating setup. But I had a lot of fun! Definitely one to go back to!

9 Likes

The weather was inexplicably warm and beautiful today so Bash and I went on a walk around our muddy, wet (snow-free) neighborhood!

10 Likes

I’m working on the Blogilates 100 ab challenge this month to go along with the Mountie Fitness initiative. Today was 100 sit ups and I was sure I wouldn’t be able to do it, and my family was teasing me the whole time. I hardly had any motivation until dad said
“You’ll never make it past 50!” Honestly I felt the same but I just had to prove him wrong. I surprised myself and managed to do all of them! (although I had to split it nto sets of 20). I feel really proud of myself but I’m sure I’ll regret everything tomorrow.

8 Likes

Awesome job so far everyone!

If last week’s cardio challenge was “longer,” then this week’s is going to be “faster.” Try to increase your pace a little beyond last week’s baseline.

I usually run at a speed of “6” or “6 1/2” on the treadmill (1 mile in 10 minutes), so for this week, I’m cranking it up to 7.5 (1 mile in 8 minutes). For those of us not on a treadmill, elliptical, bike or using some other way to measure it, just time a run, then for the next run, try to shave off a minute or two by mindfully pushing yourself. Same goes for people doing individual goals - try to push yourself a little farther this week than last.

I’m really proud of everyone participating! Keep it up!

Tuesday/Thursday guild breakouts coming later today!

7 Likes

Here are the guild breakouts for Tuesday/Thursday of this week:

:weatherwatch: The Weatherwatch crew discovers the Further Fire burning within their own hearts,

:gossmere: While Gossmere dance to the Common Drum like no one is watching.

:flinterforge: Still meeting the Day’s Work with a broad smile, the Flinterforge guild burn their old bodies and build themselves brand new ones,

:ebenguard: While the Ebenguard find the truth of the Golden Balance.

:thornmouth: The Thornmouth guild surround themselves with the everburning Mindflame,

:balimora: and not to be outdone, Balimora frees the Great Chaos into a storm of motion.

Good luck this week, Mounties!

9 Likes

Posting this just in case any other beginning/amateur yogis are confused about the Ebenguard breakout: I don’t think this Tree Pose is a standard yoga Tree Pose. I think Darebee is putting in some modifications, or maybe their illustration is just confusing me. In any case, I wanted to link a couple of pose guides for anyone who finds the foot positioning awkward.

Tree Pose (standard): https://www.yogajournal.com/poses/tree-pose
Eagle Pose (a similar stretch and balance pose to the half-squat shown here. If you have trouble with the arm twist while balancing, you can keep your hands in prayer and just focus on staying grounded.): https://www.yogajournal.com/poses/eagle-pose

Namaste, and happy balancing! :bowing_woman:

10 Likes

man, i only managed 1 set of fireheart before my ahstma kicked in xD that shit HURTS, but its good exercise.think im gonna work my way up day by day till i can manage level 1, cause right now my body kinda hates me for how suddenly i decided to do this

5 Likes

Good morning!

We’re a little last with this week’s cardio goal and breakouts, but worry not!

This week, we’re going to try to push ourselves by another half mile/0.8 km, adding this distance to our regular Monday/Wednesday/Friday maximum. As always, feel free to push yourselves in your individual goals if not running/walking/hiking/elliptical-ing/etc-ing.

For guild breakouts, we have:

:weatherwatch: Weatherwatch-

:gossmere: Gossmere

:flinterforge: Flinterforge

:ebenguard: Ebenguard

:thornmouth: Thornmouth (Literature inspired!)

aaaaand :balimora: Balimora:

Enjoy!

11 Likes

Last week! Before I post the last goals and breakouts, I just want to post a note of thanks. Thank you for inspiring me Mounties, and I hope we can keep inspiring each other in a million ways - wonder, magiq, creativity, writing, wellness, fitness, and in all the ways we have here in this beautiful community. Thank you for letting me climb with you!

13 Likes

Thank you for hosting, Augo! Last week I walked 2-3 miles every day with my mom and Bash.

10 Likes

This last week it’s been hard to keep up with but I’m getting back into it. I was surprised by how much harder it was after that lazy week.

7 Likes

So as March is wrapping up, I wanted to check in: for every week except this week, I’ve gone to Monday Zumba, I’ve done Wednesday Barre every week (except I think one week it was swapped for an interval workout class), and I’ve done two Friday Cycling classes! And the schedule is working out pretty well, so I’m going to keep going (at least until the end of the semester when I’ll have to check the summer rec center offerings)

8 Likes