Weatherwatcher Nickname

Hey, there, Weatherwatchers!

I’m sorry I left for a bit, but I’ve returned from my hiatus in New Mexico! A lot has happened, so I’m still trying to get up to speed, but it’s been brought to my attention that we don’t have a nickname. The Ebenguardians are Ebbies, the Gossmerrim are Goss(es?), and the Flinterforge are Flinters. We’ve got a long name (Weatherwatchers), but we don’t have a short name. So, what are your ideas?

10 Likes

Pirates? :joy:

Also how dare you forget about the mighty Thorns!! :laughing:

In all seriousness thought I’ve always referred to you guys as the watchers

9 Likes

Watchers seems pretty good to me too!

8 Likes

We usually abbreviate the guild as a whole as “WW.”

7 Likes

Watchers does have a nice ring to it, but it also is similar if not the same as, the name of the royal house our guild is named after (which I guess is fitting, but we also aren’t the most…Monarch-centered here).

7 Likes

Honestly, I use WW, but I’m not sure how we could say that aloud. That’s not a requirement, given that we’re a text-based community here, but it would also be nice to be able to say our guild nickname :brandonthinking:

9 Likes

WUUH

6 Likes

the wuh-wuhs. there we go. nickname solved.

9 Likes

Please Privateers!

6 Likes

You have a magiq flying ship you’re obviously pirates :laughing:

5 Likes

i really love the ring of the latin “Navita”.

The word means sailor, boatman, seaman, captain, Mariner, and navigator.

6 Likes

Double-double-you: “Dub-dubs?”

8 Likes

So licensed pirates?

8 Likes

More or less yeah.
It’s frightfully bad form to be a Pirate, but a Privateer, that’s socially acceptable.

10 Likes

The only other person I know who has a flying ship is captain hook and he’s a pirate! :laughing:

4 Likes

I think the Weatherwatchers may be unique in having both a nickname they are known by and a name they have for themselves?
Other guilds might call them Watchers, Weatherers, or Weathies.
As the guild who keep a ship flying, they might call themselves members of The Crew?
I’m still catching up on lore so feel free to shoot this idea out the water.:slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

You’ve pretty much hit the nail on the head @Graevan we are super unique :joy::joy:

I’ve always liked Watchers (Whotchaaaas) as a nickname.

Also @Rimor what about the legendary Captain Nathaniel Flint???

8 Likes

Technically his was a “spaceship” where’s as yours is an “Airship”, unless of course yours can go into outer space then I guess you can have him :laughing:

Also that really doesn’t help your image of not being pirates :joy:

5 Likes

I think the Watchers are a good nickname, or since @Skylad is one of the leaders it could be “SkyLad’s Mad Lads” but then we’d be leaving out @Remus as the other guild leader… Food for thought

9 Likes

Oh Goss Sky is gonna be even more unbearable now :joy:

8 Likes