Walk in the Sand with Ebenguard

My partner is T1, but because they teach diabetic education a bit different in New Zealand, he eats ALL the sugar. I think I like their way better :joy:

Even thought I’m not the T1 (just T2) in the relationship, feel free to vent about insulin, pumps, insurance, whatever to me.

5 Likes

May I also vent, because while I don’t have it, the lack of education, resources and coverage we have here just…pisses me off to no end sometimes

4 Likes

What’re all my fellow Ebbies up to this week? Anyone got any fun adventures or plans?

3 Likes

So, uh, is this a good place to say hi and introduce myself as a new Ebenguard? I will fully admit, I was very, very vaguely aware of the existence of the Mounties and this community for a while, but what finally made me jump on board was taking that quiz and getting Ebenguard. Had a full on ‘okay, where are the cameras’ moment. The concept of Ebenguard spoke so much to me that I was genuinely spooked!

I figure answering some of the random questions on here may be a good way to introduce myself: In no particular order; My favorite soup is tomato because I’m weird. Second favorite is a homemade chicken noodle. I’ve never found a place that does it the way I like it other than my parents. The outlet I need in my life is any creative outlet that lets me tell a story. Whether it’s costume design, rpgs, writing, whatever. I need to be able to make, share, and get lost in stories or I will go completely and utterly insane. If I could be a mythological creature, I’d probably be one of the fae - the kind that live in worlds just neighboring this one and get children lost in the woods. Music that’s been on high rotation for me lately has been the broadway album for Hadestown, and also Welcome to the Internet by Bo Burnham. My favorite season is Autumn.

8 Likes

Welcome to Ebenguard and to the Mountaineers!

Thanks for introducing yourself here as well :cjheart: it’s always great to learn more about one’s guild mates.

The original discovery of what the guilds all mean can be like that :joy: then you hit the point of maybe it’s intentionally vague and I’m reading too much into it, but rather it’s this moment of something resonating with a part of you that you’ve never been able to articulate.

Classic soup choices!
There’s always that one dish your parents/family make that is somehow annoyingly unique and delicious. I say annoyingly because you can’t figure out just what it is, or find a way to replicate it.
For me it might be my mum’s meatloaf as odd as that sounds. I don’t know what she adds that makes it taste different than when I follow her recipe, but hers is so much better.

Good choices all around. I mean, they’re things that you like and enjoy so it’ll be a good choice to you no matter what, but I also enjoy them. :sweat_smile:

I rotate between favourite musical soundtracks, and Hadestown is definitely one I circle back to a lot.

5 Likes